Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker that is used to treat various heart conditions, such as chest pain and hypertension. Amlodipine often sold as combined medication, in combination with other cardiac drugs.
- done All payments are SSL encrypted
- done Full Refund if you haven't received your order
- done International shipping to the USA, UK and Europe
Amlodipine blocks the entry of calcium ions through the cell membranes into the smooth muscle cells of the myocardium and blood vessels. It has a direct relaxing effect on vascular smooth muscle, expands peripheral arterioles, which leads to a reduction in round neck, reduces the load on the heart and reduces the myocardial oxygen demand, expands the coronary arteries, increasing the oxygen supply to the myocardium.
- Arterial hypertension (monotherapy and in combination with thiazide diuretics, ACE inhibitors or alpha and beta-blockers).
- Angina pectoris (stable and unstable, including Prinzmetala or variant).
- Dilatational (non-ischemic) cardiomyopathy with a severe form of chronic heart failure.
1 tablet contains:
Active substance: Amlodipine 5 mg.
Amlodipine is marketed under different brands and generic names, and comes in different dosage forms:
|Brand name||Manufacturer||Country||Dosage form|
|Tenox||Krka dd Novo mesto AO||Slovenia||pills|
No customer reviews for the moment.
Dosage and Administration
Orally, the initial dose of 5 mg / day, if necessary, the daily dose may be increased to 10 mg. The maximum daily dose of 10 mg.
From the nervous system and sense organs: dizziness, headache, drowsiness, feeling tired; rarely, mood changes, asthenia, convulsions, myalgia, blurred vision, paresthesia.
Since the cardiovascular system and blood (hematopoiesis, hemostasis): palpitations, hot flashes.
On the part of the digestive tract: nausea, abdominal pain, dyspepsia; rarely - gingival hyperplasia, elevated levels of hepatic transaminases, jaundice.
From the genitourinary system: increased urination, swelling, impotence.
On the part of the skin: allergic reactions (skin rash, itching), rarely - erythema multiforme.
Other: rarely - shortness of breath, gynecomastia.
Carefully: should be prescribed to patients with impaired liver function, stenosis of the aortic orifice, chronic heart failure.
Pregnancy and Lactation
It is possible only if the expected effect of therapy outweighs the potential risk to the fetus. At the time of treatment should stop breastfeeding.
It should refrain from the use of the drug in pediatric practice, since the safety and efficacy of its use in children have not been determined.
Precautions should be prescribed to patients with impaired liver function, stenosis of the aortic mouth, and chronic heart failure.
Symptoms: severe hypotension.
Treatment: maintaining the function of the cardiovascular system, monitoring the performance of the heart and lungs, the elevated position of the extremities, control of the BCC and diuresis, the use of vasoconstrictor agents, the introduction of calcium gluconate (IV).
- Brand name: Amlovas
- Active ingredient: Amlodipine
- Dosage form: Pills.
- Manufacturer: Yunik Pharmaceutical
- Country of Origin: India
Studies and clinical trials of Amlodipine (Click to expand)
- Quantitative Determination of Amlodipine in Serum by Liquid Chromatography with Atmospheric Pressure Chemical Ionization Tandem Mass Spectrometry
- Enzyme linked immunosorbent assay for determination of amlodipine in plasma
- Determination of Amlodipine in Pharmaceutical Formulations by Differential-Pulse Voltammetry with a Glassy Carbon Electrode
- Amlodipine bioequivalence study: quantification by liquid chromatography coupled to tandem mass spectrometry
- Negligible pharmacokinetic interaction between oral DA-8159, a new erectogenic, and amlodipine in rats
- Pharmacokinetics of oral amlodipine orotate in vagotomized dogs
- Development and validation of a highly sensitive and robust LC-ESI-MS/MS method for simultaneous quantitation of simvastatin acid, amlodipine and valsartan in human plasma: application to a clinical pharmacokinetic study
- Simultaneous determination of atorvastatin, amlodipine, ramipril and benazepril in human plasma by LC-MS/MS and its application to a human pharmacokinetic study
- Sensitive and rapid liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry assay for the quantification of amlodipine in human plasma
- A rapid and sensitive liquid chromatography–tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) method for the estimation of amlodipine in human plasma
- ChemInform Abstract: Synthesis of Amlodipine Using Aza Diels—Alder Reaction.
- ChemInform Abstract: Sequential Synthesis of a New Analogue (Ib) of Amlodipine (Ia) Bearing a Short Amino Polyethyleneglycol Chain.
- ChemInform Abstract: Advances in the Development of Methods for the Synthesis of Dihydropyridine Calcium Channel Blockers [Nifedipine (Adalat), Felodipine (Plendil), Amlodipine Besylate (Norvasc), Azelnidipine (Calblock)]
- Effect of cytochrome P450 3A5*3 genotype on the stereoselective pharmacokinetics of amlodipine in healthy subjects
- Stereoselective plasma protein binding of amlodipine
- Enantioselective disposition of oral amlodipine in healthy volunteers
- Central composite design for the rapid optimisation of ruggedness and chiral separation of amlodipine in capillary electrophoresis
- CJX2, an amlodipine derivative, reverses p-glycoprotein-mediated multidrug-resistance in doxorubicin-resistant human myelogenous leukemia (K562/DOX) cells
- Interaction of CJX2, an amlodipine derivative with human P-glycoprotein ATPase activity
- Effect of CJX2, an amlodipine derivative, combined with verapamil on P-glycoprotein efflux function in vitro
- Electroanalytical Studies and Simultaneous Determination of Amlodipine Besylate and Atorvastatine Calcium in Binary Mixtures Using First Derivative of the Ratio-Voltammetric Methods
- Development of a stability-indicating CE assay for the determination of amlodipine enantiomers in commercial tablets
- Amlodipine and atorvastatin exert protective and additive effects via antiapoptotic and antiautophagic mechanisms after transient middle cerebral artery occlusion in Zucker metabolic syndrome rats
- Phase transformations of amlodipine besylate solid forms