Amylmetacresol, Dichlorobenzyl alcohol
- done All payments are SSL encrypted
- done Full Refund if you haven't received your order
- done International shipping to the USA, UK and Europe
Combined antiseptic preparation for local use in the oral cavity and pharynx. Has an antimicrobial effect. Active against gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms.
Due to the low systemic absorption, there are no data on the pharmacokinetics of the Agisept® preparation.
- infectious and inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity and pharynx.
2,4-dichlorobenzyl alcohol .......... 1.2 mg
amylmetacresol ................................ 0.6 mg
Excipients: Citric acid, racecentol, eucalyptus leaf oil, indigo carmine dye, dextrose, sucrose.
Amylmetacresol, Dichlorobenzyl alcohol is marketed under different brands and generic names, and comes in different dosage forms:
|Brand name||Manufacturer||Country||Dosage form|
|Agisept||Agio Pharmaceuticals Ltd||India||lozenges|
|Agisept||Agio Pharmaceuticals Ltd||India||pills|
|Hexoral Tabs Classic||Yunik Pharmaceutical||India||lozenges|
No customer reviews for the moment.
Dosage and Administration
For resorption in the mouth. Adults are prescribed 1 tablet every 2 hours. The maximum daily dose - 8 pills. Children over 5 years old are prescribed 1 tablet every 4 hours. pills dissolve to complete dissolution.
When applied according to indications at recommended doses, no adverse effects have been noted.
- children's age up to 5 years;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Clinically significant interaction of the drug Agisept with drugs of other groups was not revealed.
When taking Agisept, patients with diabetes should take into account the sugar content of each tablet: Agisept lozenges [citric] - 1010 mg of dextrose and 1.56 g of sucrose, Agisept lozenges [orange] - 1010 mg of dextrose and 1.56 g of sucrose; Agisept lozenges [pineapple] - 1010 mg of dextrose and 1.56 g of sucrose.
If you accidentally skip one or more doses, the dose is not increased.
- Brand name: Agisept
- Active ingredient: Amylmetacresol, Dichlorobenzyl alcohol
- Dosage form: Lozenges
- Manufacturer: Agio Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Country of Origin: India
- Open-Label Taste-Testing Study to Evaluate the Acceptability of Both Strawberry-Flavored and Orange-Flavored Amylmetacresol/2,4-Dichlorobenzyl Alcohol Throat Lozenges in Healthy Children
- Effectiveness of amylmetacresol and 2,4-dichlorobenzyl alcohol throat lozenges in patients with acute sore throat due to upper respiratory tract infection
- Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of a Single Dose of an Amylmetacresol/2,4-dichlorobenzyl Alcohol Plus Lidocaine Lozenge or a Hexylresorcinol Lozenge for the Treatment of Acute Sore Throat Due to Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- Amylmetacresol/2,4-dichlorobenzyl alcohol, hexylresorcinol, or carrageenan lozenges as active treatments for sore throat
- Spectrum of bactericidal action of amylmetacresol/2,4-dichlorobenzyl alcohol lozenges against oropharyngeal organisms implicated in pharyngitis