- done All payments are SSL encrypted
- done Full Refund if you haven't received your order
- done International shipping to the USA, UK and Europe
Antiviral agent. It specifically inhibits in vitro influenza A and B viruses (Influenzavirus A, B), including highly pathogenic subtypes A (H1N1) pdm09 and A (H5N1), as well as other viruses that cause acute respiratory viral infections (Coronavirus) associated with severe acute respiratory syndrome ( SARS), rhinovirus (Rhinovirus), adenovirus (Adenovirus), respiratory syncytial virus (Pneumovirus) and parainfluenza virus (Paramyxovirus)). The mechanism of antiviral action refers to fusion inhibitors (fusions), interacts with the hemagglutinin of the virus and prevents the fusion of the lipid envelope of the virus and cell membranes. It has interferon-inducing activity - in a study on mice, the induction of interferons was observed already after 16 hours, and high titers of interferons remained in the blood for up to 48 hours after administration. Stimulates cellular and humoral immunity reactions: increases the number of lymphocytes in the blood, especially T-cells (CD3), increases the number of T-helper cells (CD4), without affecting the level of T-suppressors (CD8), normalizes the immunoregulatory index, stimulates the phagocytic function of macrophages and increases the number of natural killer cells (NK cells).
Therapeutic efficacy in viral infections manifests itself in reducing the duration and severity of the disease and its main symptoms, as well as reducing the incidence of complications associated with viral infection and exacerbations of chronic bacterial diseases.
Treats low-toxic drugs (LD50> 4 g / kg). It does not have any negative effects on the human body when taken orally at recommended doses.
Pharmacokinetics. Rapidly absorbed and distributed to organs and tissues. The maximum concentration in the blood plasma when taking the drug in a dose of 200 mg of umiphenovir is reached after 1 hour, the volume of distribution (Vd) - 1432 l. Metabolized in the liver. The average half-life averages 11 hours. About 40% is excreted unchanged, mainly with bile (38.9%) and, in small amounts, by the kidneys (0.12%). During the first day, 90% of the injected dose is eliminated.
- prevention and treatment of influenza A and B, other acute respiratory viral infections in children from 2 years and adults;
- complex therapy of acute intestinal infections of rotavirus etiology in children from 2 years;
- nonspecific prevention of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in children from 6 years and adults;
- treatment of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in children over 12 years old and adults.
Composition 5 ml:
active ingredient: umifenovir (umifenovir hydrochloride monohydrate - 25.88 mg), (in terms of umifenovir hydrochloride - 25.00 mg);
excipients: sodium chloride - 26.85 mg, maltodextrin (Kleptoza Linecaps) - 750.00 mg, sucrose (sugar) - 840.42 mg, colloidal silicon dioxide (aerosil) - 24.60 mg, titanium dioxide - 25.00 mg, pregelatinized starch (type PA5PH) - 129.50 mg, sodium benzoate - 9.25 mg, banana flavoring - 12.40 mg, cherry flavoring - 6.10 mg.
Umifenovir is marketed under different brands and generic names, and comes in different dosage forms:
|Brand name||Manufacturer||Country||Dosage form|
No customer reviews for the moment.
Dosage and Administration
Inside, before eating.For the prevention of influenza and SARS (in contact with patients)
adults and children over 12 years old - 200 mg / day, children from 6 to 12 years old - 100 mg / day, children from 2 to 6 years old - 50 mg / day. The course is 10-14 days.
During the epidemic of influenza, the seasonal increase in the incidence of ARVI, for the prevention of exacerbation of chronic bronchitis and recurrence of herpes infection adults and children over 12 years old should be prescribed a single dose of 200 mg, children from 6 to 12 years old - 100 mg, children from 2 to 6 years old - 50 mg. The drug is taken 2 times a week for 3 weeks.
For the treatment of influenza and other acute respiratory viral infections without complications adults and children over 12 years old should be prescribed; 200 mg 4 times / day (every 6 hours), children 6 to 12 years old - 100 mg 4 times / day (every 6 hours), from 2 to 6 years - 50 mg 4 times / day (every 6 hours). The course is 5 days.
For the treatment of influenza and other acute respiratory viral infections complicated by bronchitis, pneumonia, adults and children over 12 years old; prescribed 200 mg 4 times / day (every 6 hours) for 5 days, then switch to 200 mg once a week for 4 weeks. For children from 6 to 12 years old, a single dose of the drug is 100 mg, from 2 to 6 years old - 50 mg; the drug is taken 4 times / day (every 6 hours) for 5 days, then transferred to the reception 1 time per week for 4 weeks.
With chronic bronchitis and recurrent herpes infection adults and children over the age of 12 are prescribed 200 mg 4 times / day (every 6 hours); children from 6 to 12 years old on 100 mg 4 times / day (every 6 hours), from 2 to 6 years old - 50 mg 4 times / day (every 6 hours) for 5-7 days; then a single dose 2 times a week for 4 weeks.
As part of complex therapyacute intestinal infections of rotavirus etiology children from 2 to 6 years old - 50 mg; from 6 to 12 years old - 100 mg, over 12 years old - 200 mg 4 times / day (every 6 hours) for 5 days.
Forprevention of postoperative infectious complications children from 2 to 6 years old - 50 mg; from 6 to 12 years old - 100 mg, over 12 years old and adults - 200 mg should be prescribed at a dose of 200 mg 2 days before surgery, then on the second and fifth day after surgery.
Seldom: allergic reactions.
- children's age up to 2 years;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Pregnancy and Lactation
Use of the drug during pregnancy is possible only in cases where the intended benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus and newborn.
Arbidol is recommended to take before meals.
- Brand name: Arbidol
- Active ingredient: Umifenovir
- Dosage form: Powder for the preparation of suspensions for oral administration
- Manufacturer: Pharmstandard
- Country of Origin: Russia
- Conformation of the umifenovir cation in the molecular and crystal structures of four carboxylic acid salts
- Characterization and Physicochemical Evaluation of Molecular Complexes Formed Between Umifenovir and Dicarboxylic Acids
- Structural analogs of umifenovir 2*. The synthesis and antiHIV activity study of new regioisomeric (trans-2-phenylcyclopropyl)-1Н-indole derivatives
- ChemInform Abstract: Structural Analogues of Umifenovir. Part 1. Synthesis and Biological Activity of Ethyl 5-Hydroxy-1-methyl-2- (trans-2-phenylcyclopropyl)-1H-indole-3-carboxylate.
- Umifenovir effectively inhibits IL-10 dependent persistent Coxsackie B4 virus infection
- Arbidol (Umifenovir): A Broad-Spectrum Antiviral Drug That Inhibits Medically Important Arthropod-Borne Flaviviruses
- Influenza and influenza-like illnesses in risk groups: evaluation of antiviral therapy with umifenovir in hospitalized patients
- Umifenovir Susceptibility Monitoring and Characterization of Influenza Viruses Isolated during ARBITR Clinical Study
- Umifenovir in treatment of influenza and acute respiratory viral infections in outpatient care