- done All payments are SSL encrypted
- done Full Refund if you haven't received your order
- done International shipping to the USA, UK and Europe
Azathioprine is an immunosuppressive agent. Suppresses tissue incompatibility.
Prevention of graft rejection (as part of combination therapy). Rheumatoid arthritis of severe course, systemic lupus erythematosus, dermatomyositis, periarteritis nodosa, juvenile vulvaris, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, acquired hemolytic anemia, pyoderma gangrenitis, chronic hepatitis
1 tablet contains 50 mg of azathioprine.
No customer reviews for the moment.
Dosage and Administration
Set individually, taking into account the nosological form and severity of the disease, the dosage of simultaneously prescribed drugs, hematological tolerance.
To prevent graft rejection, it is prescribed in a loading dose of 5 mg / kg / day in 2–3 doses for 1–2 months; then switch to a maintenance dose of 1 to 4 mg / kg / day for several years. In other cases, the daily dose is 1-2.5 mg / kg. The treatment is long.
From the hemopoietic system: mielodepressiya (leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, anemia); possible development of secondary infections, megaloblastic erythropoiesis and macrocytosis; in rare cases, hemolytic anemia.
From the digestive system: nausea, vomiting, anorexia, cholestatic hepatitis are possible; in recipients of transplants, pancreatitis, erosive-ulcerative lesions and bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract, necrosis and intestinal perforation were noted.
Allergic reactions: skin rash, arthralgia, myalgia, drug fever are possible.
Other: in rare cases - acute renal failure, acute pulmonary diseases, meningeal reactions.
Pregnancy, hypersensitivity to azathioprine and / or mercaptopurine.
With simultaneous use with co-trimoxazole may increase the myelotoxic effect of azathioprine. Cases of the development of severe leukopenia with simultaneous use with ACE inhibitors are described.
Pregnancy and Lactation
Azathioprine is contraindicated for use in pregnancy. During the period of treatment, women of childbearing age should use reliable methods of contraception.
If necessary, use during lactation should stop breastfeeding.
ATexperimental studies The teratogenic, embryotoxic and carcinogenic effects of azathioprine have been established.
During the first 8 weeks of treatment, weekly monitoring of the peripheral blood pattern is shown, and subsequently, 1-2 times a month, as well as periodic monitoring of the activity of hepatic transaminases, alkaline phosphatase and bilirubin level.
For violations of the kidney and / or liver, as well as while taking allopurinol azathioprine should be used in lower doses.
- Brand name: Azathioprine
- Active ingredient: Azathioprine
- Dosage form: Pills
- Manufacturer: Moskhimpharmpreparaty
- Country of Origin: Russia
- Patient perspectives when switching from Cosopt® (dorzolamide-timolol) to Azarga™ (brinzolamide-timolol) for glaucoma requiring multiple drug therapy
- Azathioprine hypersensitivity reactions: Caution upon rechallenge (a reply)
- Analysis of gene mutations and clastogenicity following short-term treatment with azathioprine in Muta™Mouse
- Prednisone and azathioprine compared to prednisone plus low-dose azathioprine and cyclophosphamide in the treatment of diffuse lupus nephritis
- Reduced thiopurine methyltransferase activity and development of side effects of azathioprine treatment in patients with rheumatoid arthritis
- Induction therapy with an intravenous loading dose of azathioprine for treatment of refractory, active rheumatoid arthritis
- Association of primary central nervous system lymphoma with long-term azathioprine therapy for myasthenia gravis?
- Azathioprine in severe uveitis of Behçet's disease
- Azathioprine-associated acute myeloid leukemia in a patient with Crohn's disease and thiopurine S-methyltransferase deficiency
- Therapy of chronic relapsing thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura with prednisone and azathioprine
- Two chromosome aberrations in the child of a woman with systemic lupus erythematosus treated with azathioprine and prednisone
- Influence of azathioprine (Imuran) on in vitro immune function in multiple sclerosis
- Azathioprine in the treatment of myasthenia gravis
- Myasthenia gravis: Reactivation of clinical disease and of automimmune factors after discontinuation of long-term azathioprine
- Azathioprine and steroids are not more effective in decreasing multiple sclerosis intra–blood-brain-barrier IgG synthesis than steroids alone
- Cyclosporine versus azathioprine in the long-term treatment of multiple sclerosis—results of the german multicenter study
- Myasthenia gravis: Discontinuation of long-term azathioprine
- Outcome and prognostic indicators of diffuse proliferative lupus glomerulonephritis treated with sequential oral cyclophosphamide and azathioprine
- Azathioprine in the treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus. A controlled study
- Therapeutic studies in NZB/W mice. I. Synergy of azathioprine, cyclophosphamide and methylprednisolone in combination
- Therapeutic studies in NZB/W mice. II. Relative efficacy of azathioprine, cyclophosphamide and methylprednisolone
- Lymphoma and azathioprine
- Chemical action and pharmacology of methotrexate, azathioprine and cyclophosphamide in man
- Immunosuppressive and antiinflammatory properties of cyclophosphamide, azathioprine and methotrexate
- Comparison of therapeutic and immunosuppressive effects of azathioprine, prednisolone and combined therapy in nzp/nzw mice