- done All payments are SSL encrypted
- done Full Refund if you haven't received your order
- done International shipping to the USA, UK and Europe
Anti-Parkinsonian. It has a central m-anticholinergic effect, inhibits enhanced inhibitory function of cholinergic striatal neurons (the structural component of the extrapyramidal system). It also has a moderate peripheral m-anticholinergic effect, myotropic antispasmodic and ganglion blocker effect. Causes psychomotor agitation.
Parkinson's disease, parkinsonism syndrome (as part of combination therapy), extrapyramidal disorders caused by antipsychotics (neuroleptics).
1 tab. - Biperidine hydrochloride 2 mg.
Excipients: microcrystalline cellulose - 192 mg, sodium carboxymethyl starch - 5 mg, magnesium stearate - 1 mg.
Biperiden is marketed under different brands and generic names, and comes in different dosage forms:
|Brand name||Manufacturer||Country||Dosage form|
No customer reviews for the moment.
Dosage and Administration
Bezak is taken orally with a liquid. The drug is preferable to take at the same time / after a meal (reduces the severity of adverse reactions from the digestive system). The recommended scheme of application: parkinsonism syndrome: the initial dose - 1–2 times a day, 1 mg. Daily dose can be increased by 2 mg. Maintenance daily dose is 3-16 mg. Maximum - 16 mg per day. The total daily dose needs to be distributed evenly throughout the day; extrapyramidal symptoms (as a neuroleptic treatment corrector): the initial dose is determined by the severity of the symptoms and is 1-2 mg 1-4 times a day. A single dose can be increased to 4 mg, daily - up to 16 mg. The duration of the course is determined individually, it depends on the etiology and severity of the disease. After the end of the course, the dose should be reduced gradually (due to the high risk of abstinence).
From the side of the central nervous system: weakness, asthenia, dizziness, numbness, anxiety, impaired memory, confusion, hallucinations.
On the part of the organ of vision: mydriasis, disturbance of accommodation.
Since the cardiovascular system: tachycardia; rarely bradycardia; with parenteral administration - a decrease in blood pressure.
On the part of the digestive system: dry mouth, dyspepsia, constipation.
On the part of metabolism: a decrease in sweating.
On the part of the urinary system: in patients with prostatic hypertrophy - difficulty urinating.
Allergic reactions: skin rash, itching.
Angle-closure glaucoma, prostatic hyperplasia, obstructive conditions of the gastrointestinal tract (including pyloric stenosis, paralytic intestinal obstruction), megacolon; hypersensitivity to biperiden.
With simultaneous use with anticholinergic drugs may enhance the central and peripheral anticholinergic effects.
With simultaneous use with antipsychotics (neuroleptics) increases the risk of tardive dyskinesia.
With simultaneous use with biperiden, the effect of histamine H1 receptor blockers and anticonvulsants increases.
At simultaneous use with a levodopa strengthening of the m-anticholinergic action and dyskinesia is possible.
With simultaneous use of biperiden reduces the effectiveness of metoclopramide.
With simultaneous use with quinidine increases the risk of dyskinesia. Potentiates the action of ethanol.
Pregnancy and Lactation
The use of biperidine during pregnancy and lactation (breastfeeding) is possible only under strict indications. Biperiden is excreted in breast milk, so for the period of treatment, breastfeeding is recommended to stop.
It is used with caution in patients with epilepsy, arrhythmia, in elderly patients.
Perhaps the development of drug dependence.
Treatment should be discontinued gradually because of the risk of withdrawal.
The safety of using biperidine in children has not been established, so the use is not recommended.
During the period of treatment to prevent the use of alcohol.
Influence on ability to drive motor transport and control mechanisms
Use with caution in patients whose activities require increased attention and speed of psychomotor reactions.
- Brand name: Bezac
- Active ingredient: Biperiden
- Dosage form: pills are almost white, round, flat-cylindrical, with chamfer and risky.
- Manufacturer: ResortMedservis
- Brain regional pharmacokinetics of biperiden in rats
- Effects of fasting on biperiden pharmacokinetics in the rat
- Effect of intravenous injection of biperiden and clonazepam in dystonia
- Belly dystonia induced by levodopa and biperiden in a case of suspected multiple-system atrophy
- Sila-biperiden undendo-Sila-biperiden: Synthesen, Kristallstrukturen und antimuscarinische Eigenschaften
- Enantioseparation and quality control of biperiden in pharmaceutical formulations by capillary electrophoresis
- Development and validation of a stability-indicating high performance liquid chromatographic (HPLC) assay for biperiden in bulk form and pharmaceutical dosage forms
- Development of a screening method for the most commonly abused anticholinergic drugs in Jordan; trihexyphenidyl, procyclidine and biperiden
- The effect of pilocarpine and biperiden on salivary secretion during and after radiotherapy in head and neck cancer patients
- Determination of biperiden in human serum by glass capillary gas chromatography with isothermal splitless injection and nitrogen-sensitive detection
- Effects of two anticholinergic drugs, trospium chloride and biperiden, on motility and evoked potentials of the oesophagus
- Risperidone-induced sialorrhea responsive to biperiden treatment
- Administration of haloperidol with biperiden reduces mRNAs related to the ubiquitin-proteasome system in mice
- The cholinolytic biperiden in depression
- Neuropsychologische Untersuchungen zur Kurzzeitwirkung von Biperiden (Akineton®) beim Parkinsonsyndrom
- Tardive dyskinesia during and following treatment with haloperidol, haloperidol + biperiden, thioridazine, and clozapine
- Biperiden effects and plasma levels in volunteers
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies following the intravenous and oral administration of the antiparkinsonian drug biperiden to normal subjects
- Effects of biperiden on sleep at baseline and after 72 h of REM sleep deprivation in the cat
- Interaction study between remoxipride and biperiden
- Efficacy of biperiden and atropine as anticonvulsant treatment for organophosphorus nerve agent intoxication
- Modulation of memory and visuospatial processes by biperiden and rivastigmine in elderly healthy subjects
- A comparison of scopolamine and biperiden as a rodent model for cholinergic cognitive impairment
- Gluteal abscess following intramuscular injection of dissolved biperiden tablets