Bonefos® [Clodronic acid]
- done All payments are SSL encrypted
- done Full Refund if you haven't received your order
- done International shipping to the USA, UK and Europe
Bonefos has the effect of normalizing the calcium content in the bone tissue, inhibiting bone resorption
Hypercalcemia due to malignant tumors;
osteolytic metastases of malignant tumors and myeloma (multiple myeloma);
prevention of development of bone metastases of primary breast cancer
1 tablet contains 800 mg clodronate disodium.
Clodronic acid is marketed under different brands and generic names, and comes in different dosage forms:
|Brand name||Manufacturer||Country||Dosage form|
|Bonefos||Bayer Pharma AG||Germany||pills|
|Bonefos||Bayer Pharma AG||Germany||capsules|
|Bonefos||Bayer Pharma AG||Germany||ampoules|
No customer reviews for the moment.
Dosage and Administration
For oral use. Tab. 800 mg for ease of administration can be pre-divided into 2 parts, which should be taken at the same time, but not crushed or dissolved. The dose of Bonefos 1600 mg is preferable to take once in the morning on an empty stomach, drinking a glass of water, after which you should refrain from eating food and other drugs for 2 hours (except for ordinary water). Dose Bonefos more than 1600 mg is prescribed in 2 doses: the first - as recommended above, the second - between meals, 2 hours after or 1 hour before eating, drinking or taking other drugs.
With hypercalcemia, 2400–3200 mg / day in 2 divided doses with a gradual decrease to a maintenance dose of 1600 mg / day; with osteolytic bone changes due to malignant tumors without hypercalcemia - an initial dose of 1600 mg / day, if necessary - up to 3600 mg / day (not more); in patients with signs of renal failure - no more than 1600 mg.
From the side of electrolyte balance: asymptomatic hypocalcemia is possible, very rarely - hypocalcemia accompanied by clinical manifestations.
On the part of the gastrointestinal tract: sometimes - nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
On the part of the endocrine system: it is possible to increase the level of parathyroid hormone in the blood serum, usually accompanied by a decrease in the level of calcium in the serum.
On the part of the liver: an increase in the activity of aminotransferases is possible.
On the part of the kidneys: rarely - an increase in serum creatinine and proteinuria; acute renal failure, which may develop after a quick injection of the drug.
On the part of the skin: occasionally there are skin reactions, according to the clinical picture, corresponding to hypersensitivity reactions.
On the part of the respiratory system: in patients with bronchial asthma, with a hypersensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid in history, possible violations of respiratory function.
Hypersensitivity to clodronic acid, other bisphosphonates, or any components that make up the preparation;
concomitant therapy with other bisphosphonates;
children's age (there is no clinical experience).
There is evidence of a relationship between clodronate intake and renal impairment with simultaneous administration of NSAIDs, most commonly diclofenac.
Due to the high probability of hypocalcemia, caution should be exercised in the appointment of clodronate along with aminoglycosides.
It was reported that the simultaneous reception of estramustine phosphate together with clodronate leads to an increase in the concentration of estramustine phosphate in the serum up to 80%.
Clodronate forms poorly soluble complexes with divalent cations, therefore the simultaneous use of food or drugs containing divalent cations, for example, antacid preparations or iron preparations, leads to a significant decrease in the bioavailability of clodronic acid.
Compatibility of the concentrate for the infusion solution with other drugs or solutions for injection has not been studied. Drug Bonefos should be diluted and administered only in accordance with the recommendations indicated.
Bonefos should not be taken with milk, food, or with preparations containing calcium or other divalent cations, since they all interfere with the absorption of clodronate. The prepared solution for infusion should be used within 12 hours.
Symptoms: with the on / in the introduction of clodronic acid in high doses, an increase in serum creatinine and renal dysfunction was reported.
Treatment: symptomatic therapy. It is necessary to ensure that the patient receives a sufficient amount of fluid, as well as monitor kidney function and the content of calcium in the blood serum.
- Brand name: Bonefos
- Active ingredient: Clodronic acid
- Dosage form: pills, coated.
- Manufacturer: Bayer Pharma AG
- Country of Origin: Germany
- A Structural Study of Bisphosphonate Metal Complexes − Three New Polymeric Structures of the Calcium Complex of Clodronic Acid
- Determination of impurities in clodronic acid by anion-exchange chromatography
- Bisphosphonate prodrugs: synthesis and in vitro evaluation of novel partial amides of clodronic acid
- Thermogravimetric and kinetic study of a clodronic acid complex formed with sodium
- X-ray diffraction study of polymeric Mg complexes of clodronic acid
- First-line treatment with zoledronic acid as compared with clodronic acid in multiple myeloma (MRC Myeloma IX): a randomised controlled trial
- Effects of zoledronic acid versus clodronic acid on skeletal morbidity in patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma (MRC Myeloma IX): secondary outcomes from a randomised controlled trial
- Clodronic Acid in the Treatment of Postmenopausal Osteoporosis
- Clodronic Acid Formulations Available in Europe and their Use in Osteoporosis
- Effects of Two Administration Schemes of Intramuscular Clodronic Acid on Bone Mineral Density
- Bisphosphonate Prodrugs: Synthesis and in Vitro Evaluation of Novel Acyloxyalkyl Esters of Clodronic Acid
- Bisphosphonate Prodrugs: Synthesis and in Vitro Evaluation of Novel Clodronic Acid Dianhydrides as Bioreversible Prodrugs of Clodronate
- Clodronic acid effective for osteoporosis over 10 years
- Clodronic acid prevents bone metastases in breast cancer
- Clodronic acid reduces bone metastases
- Clodronic acid reduces bone loss after breast cancer chemotherapy
- Clodronic acid beneficial in painful skeletal metastases associated with refractory prostate cancer
- IM clodronic acid shows efficacy in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis who have not responded to oral alendronic acid
- Clodronic acid
- Clodronic acid reduces incidence of metastases in breast cancer
- Clodronic acid/pamidronic acid/zoledronic acid
- Clodronic acid
- Clodronic acid
- Lifetime costs of clodronic acid in multiple myeloma