- done All payments are SSL encrypted
- done Full Refund if you haven't received your order
- done International shipping to the USA, UK and Europe
Ketoconazole-Acre - antifungal agent. It has fungicidal and fungistatic effect. The mechanism of action consists in inhibiting the synthesis of ergosterol and altering the lipid composition of the membrane. It is active against the pathogen of multi-colored depriving Malassezia furfur, the causative agents of several ringworms (Trichophyton, Epidermophyton floccosum, Microsporum), the causative agents of candidiasis (Candida), and the causative agents of systemic mycoses (Cryptococcus).
Also active against gram-positive cocci: Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp.
- Fungal diseases of the skin, mikozy skin folds, feet;
- pityriasis versicolor, erythrasma, superficial candidiasis caused by dermatophytes, yeast (including the genus Candida), mold and other fungi and pathogens sensitive to clotrimazole;
- mycoses complicated by secondary pyoderma.
1 g ointment contains:
Active substance: clotrimazole;
Excipients: propylene glycol, nipagin, succinic acid, sodium benzoate, emulsifier No. 1 or emulsifier EM 3398, castor oil, methylcellulose water soluble or methylcellulose SM100, distilled monoglycerides, purified water.
Clotrimazole is marketed under different brands and generic names, and comes in different dosage forms:
|Brand name||Manufacturer||Country||Dosage form|
No customer reviews for the moment.
Dosage and Administration
When applied topically applied to the affected skin 2-3 times a day for 2-4 weeks.
When processing the oral cavity is used 1-2 times a day for no more than 7 days.
Intravaginal - 100-500 mg for 1-6 days.
Local reactions: contact allergic dermatitis, redness, burning sensation.
Hypersensitivity to clotrimazole, I trimester of pregnancy.
Reduces the effect of polyene antibiotics (amphotericin, nystatin, natamycin, etc.). Para-hydroxybenzoic acid propyl ester in high concentrations enhances the antifungal effect of clotrimazole, and dexamethasone reduces it.
With simultaneous use with nystatin, clotrimazole activity may be reduced.
To prevent the spread of urogenital infections requires simultaneous treatment of sexual partners. When trichomoniasis for a more successful treatment in conjunction with clotrimazole should be prescribed other drugs that have a systemic effect (for example, metronidazole inside).
Vaginal pills are not recommended during menstruation.
In case of an unintended method of using the drug (orally), the following symptoms are possible - anorexia, nausea, vomiting, gastralgia, abnormal liver function, rarely drowsiness, hallucinations, pollakiuria, skin allergic reactions. In these situations, it is necessary to take activated charcoal and consult a doctor.
If you develop allergic reactions or irritation, treatment should be stopped and another therapy should be selected.
In case of ringworm, it is recommended to apply the solution after each washing of the feet.
Not recommended for application to the skin in the eye area.
If after 4 weeks from the start of treatment no clinical improvement is noted, it is necessary to confirm the diagnosis microbiologically and exclude another cause of the disease.
- Brand name: Clotrimazole-Acre
- Active ingredient: Clotrimazole
- Dosage form: Ointment
- Manufacturer: Akrikhin
- Country of Origin: Russia
- N-acetylcysteine and clotrimazole inhibit sickle erythrocyte dehydration induced by 1-chloro-2,4-dinitrobenzene
- ChemInform Abstract: The Antifungal Drug Clotrimazole.
- Influence of moisture on the availability and persistence of clotrimazole and fluconazole in sludge-amended soil
- Fate of the antifungal drug clotrimazole in agricultural soil
- Effect of the fungicide clotrimazole on the bioconcentration of benzo[a]pyrene in gizzard shad (Dorosoma cepedianum): In vivo and in vitro inhibition of cytochrome P4501A activity
- Frozen conformers of clotrimazole: Reaction of imidazole with 1-chloro-9-hydroxy-9-phenylxanthene
- Phospholipid metabolism in polymorphonuclear leukocytes from rheumatoid arthritis patients: Effects of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents and clotrimazole
- Development of a controlled release formulation based on SLN and NLC for topical clotrimazole delivery
- Enhanced anti-tumor activity and alleviated hepatotoxicity of clotrimazole-loaded suppository using poloxamer–propylene glycol gel
- Comparative study on the effects of a new antifungal lotion (Artemisia sieberi essential oil) and a clotrimazole lotion in the treatment of pityriasis versicolor
- Synthesis and in vitro activity of 2-thiazolylhydrazone derivatives compared with the activity of clotrimazole against clinical isolates of Candida spp.
- Oral clotrimazole (CLZ) decreases presystemic metabolism of cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A4 substrates
- Synthesis and characterization of new palladium–clotrimazole and palladium–chloroquine complexes showing cytotoxicity for tumor cell lines in vitro
- Separation and determination of clotrimazole, methylparaben and propylparaben in pharmaceutical preparation by micellar electrokinetic chromatography
- Influence of ionising irradiation on clotrimazole in the solid state
- Treatment of pityriasis versicolor using 1% diclofenac gel and clotrimazole cream (comparative therapeutic study)
- Toward a novel metal based chemotherapy against tropical diseases 4. Synthesis and characterization of new metal-clotrimazole complexes and evaluation of their activity against Trypanosoma cruzi
- Single blind comparison of ketoconazole 200 mg oral tablets and clotrimazole 100 mg vaginal tablets and 1% cream in treating acute vaginal candidosis: Bingham JS Br J Vener Dis 60:175–177 1984
- Toward a novel metal-based chemotherapy against tropical diseases.: Part 5. Synthesis and characterization of new Ru(II) and Ru(III) clotrimazole and ketoconazole complexes and evaluation of their activity against Trypanosoma cruzi
- Effect of cyclodextrins on the physicochemical properties and antimycotic activity of clotrimazole
- A genuine clotrimazole γ-cyclodextrin inclusion complex-isolation, antimycotic activity, toxicity and an unusual dissolution rate
- Differential pulse polarographic determination of clotrimazole after derivatization with Procion Red HE-3B
- Triiodide ion and alizarin red S as two new reagents for the determination of clotrimazole and ketoconazole
- Determination of clotrimazole in mice plasma by capillary electrophoresis