- done All payments are SSL encrypted
- done Full Refund if you haven't received your order
- done International shipping to the USA, UK and Europe
A drug that improves brain metabolism. Cortexin is a lyophilisate obtained by acetic extraction from the cerebral cortex of cattle or pigs, containing low molecular weight active neuropeptides, the molecular weight of which does not exceed 10,000 daltons, sufficient for penetration through the BBB.
Cortexin has a tissue-specific multifunctional effect on the brain, which is manifested in metabolic regulation, neuroprotection, functional neuromodulation, and neurotrophic activity.
Cortexin increases the efficiency of the energy metabolism of brain cells, improves intracellular protein synthesis.
Cortexin regulates lipid peroxidation processes in brain cells, reduces the formation of free radicals, blocks the processes of free radical oxidation. The drug eliminates the imbalance of inhibitory and excitatory amino acids, has a moderate GABA-ergic action.
The drug has a positive effect in violation of cognitive functions, improves concentration, short-term memory, ability to learn, accelerates the restoration of brain function after stress effects, regulates the level of serotonin and dopamine. Stimulates the process of mental activity, without exerting an excessive activating effect, restores the bioelectric activity of the brain.
Cortexin stimulates reparative processes in the brain.
- violations of cerebral circulation;
- encephalopathies of various origins;
- acute and chronic encephalitis and encephalomyelitis;
- vegetative dystonia;
- traumatic brain injury;
- viral and bacterial neuroinfections;
- cerebral palsy;
- delayed psychomotor and speech development in children;
- impaired memory, thinking, reduced ability to learn.
1 bottle of lyophilisate contains:
active substance: Cortexin (complex of water-soluble polypeptide fractions) 5 mg,
excipient: glycine (stabilizer)
No customer reviews for the moment.
Dosage and Administration
The drug is administered intramuscularly.
The contents of the vial are dissolved before injection in 1–2 ml of a 0.5% solution of procaine (novocaine), water for injection or 0.9% solution of sodium chloride, directing the needle to the wall of the vial to avoid foaming, and injected once daily: adults at a dose of 10 mg for 10 days; children with body weight up to 20 kg at a dose of 0.5 mg / kg, with a body weight of more than 20 kg - at a dose of 10 mg for 10 days.
If necessary, repeat the course after 3-6 months. In hemispheric ischemic stroke in acute and early recovery periods, adults at a dose of 10 mg 2 times a day (morning and afternoon) for 10 days, with a repeated course after 10 days.
No adverse events reported.
Is possible individual hypersensitivity to the drug.
Individual intolerance to the drug.
Drug interaction of the drug is not described.
Before use, it is recommended to consult with a specialist.
- Brand name: Cortexin
- Active ingredient: Cattle Brain Polypeptides
- Dosage form: Lyophilisate for preparation of solution for intramuscular administration.
- Manufacturer: Geropharm
- Country of Origin: Russia
- Evidence for mediated transport of chloride in cat cerebral cortexin vitro
- Identification of Cortexin: A Novel, Neuron-Specific, 82-Residue Membrane Protein Enriched in Rodent Cerebral Cortex
- Cortexin and combination of nitrite with cortexin decrease swelling and destruction of cerebellar neurons in hemorrhagic stroke
- Evidence That Antioxidants Prevent the Inhibition of Na+,K+-ATPase Activity Induced by Octanoic Acid in Rat Cerebral Cortexin Vitro
- Effects of Exogenous Heat Shock Protein (Hsp70) on Glutaminergic Synaptic Transmission in Rat Olfactory Cortexin Vitro
- Differential involvement of left prefrontal cortexin inductive and deductive reasoning
- Mouse Chromosomal Localization of the Cortexin (Ctxn) Gene
- Probable exclusion of the cortexin-encoding gene as a candidate for mouse neurological mutants: nervous, tottering and motor neuron degeneration
- P13. Cortexin and combination of nitrite with cortexin decrease swelling and destruction of cerebellar neurons in hemorrhagic stroke
- Purification and mechanism of action of “cortexin,” a novel antihypertensive protein hormone from kidney and its role in essential hypertension in men
- P.8.b.001 Influence of cortexin on parameters of immunity in patients with organic asthenic disorder
- Selective accumulation of [3H]GABA by stellate cells in rat cerebellar cortexin vivo
- The uptake ofΔ9-tetrahydrocannabinol in choroid plexus and brain cortexin vitro andin vivo
- Neurit-stimulating effect of cortexin and epithalamin in organotypic culture of nerve tissue
- Efficacy of Cortexin in the Treatment of Memory Disorders in Children
- Nicotinic and muscarinic modulations of excitatory synaptic transmission in the rat prefrontal cortexin vitro
- Thalamocortical responses of mouse somatosensory (barrel) cortexin vitro
- Thalamocortical and corticocortical excitatory postsynaptic potentials mediated by excitatory amino acid receptors in the cat motor cortexin vivo
- Effects of Neuroprotector Cortexin on the Dynamics of Neuroendocrine System Parameters in Patients with Organic Emotionally Labile (Asthenic) Disorders
- INFLUENCE OF EPHITALON AND CORTEXIN ON THE CELLULAR IMMUNITY CONDITION AT GENERAL ACUTE COLD INJURY
- Association between 5q23.2-located polymorphism of CTXN3 gene (Cortexin 3) and schizophrenia in European-Caucasian males; implications for the aetiology of schizophrenia
- Cortexin diffusion in human eye sclera
- An Open Clinical Trial of Cortexin in Cerebral Ischemia
- Efficiency of cortexin under the conditions of experimental chronic brain ischemia