- done All payments are SSL encrypted
- done Full Refund if you haven't received your order
- done International shipping to the USA, UK and Europe
Levamisole - antihelminthic drug. Acting on ganglion-like nematode formations, Decaris causes depolarizing neuromuscular paralysis of the membrane of helminth muscles, blocks succinate dehydrogenase, inhibits fumarate dehydrogenase, disrupting the course of the bioenergetic processes of helminths. Thus, paralyzed nematodes are removed from the body by the normal intestinal motility within 24 hours after taking the drug.
Levamisole, when taken orally at a dose of 50 mg, is rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. The maximum plasma concentration is determined on average 1.5–2 hours after taking the drug. Levamisole is extensively metabolized in the liver, its main metabolites are p-hydroxy-levamisole and its glucuronide.
T1 / 2 from the body is 3-6 hours. In an unchanged form, the kidneys excrete less than 5%, through the intestines less than 0.2% of the injected dose.
Infection with helminths of Ascaris lumbrocoides, Necator and Americanus Ancylostoma duodenale.
1 tablet contains:
Active substance: levamisole hydrochloride - 177 mg, which corresponds to the content of levamisole - 150 mg;
Excipients: corn starch, lactose monohydrate, sucrose, talc, povidone, magnesium stearate.
No customer reviews for the moment.
Dosage and Administration
The drug should be taken after meals with a small amount of water in the evening. There is no need to take laxatives or a special diet. If necessary, the drug can be repeated after 7-14 days.
Headache, insomnia, dizziness, palpitations, convulsions, dyspeptic symptoms (nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea).
There are reports of the development of side effects from the central nervous system (encephalopathy) 2-5 weeks after taking the drug, as well as allergic reactions (skin rash), seizures.
In most patients, these phenomena were reversible, and early use of glucocorticosteroid therapy improved the prognosis.
The connection of these symptoms with taking Decaris is not quite convincing. With the use of large doses or with long-term therapy, leukopenia, agranulocytosis, tremor can be observed.
Carefully: patients with renal and / or liver failure, with inhibition of bone marrow hematopoiesis.
At the same time taking the drug with alcohol disulfiram-like phenomena are observed.
Care is required when applying Decaris with drugs that affect blood formation.
While taking the drug with coumarin-like anticoagulants, the prothrombin time may increase, so you need to adjust the dose of oral anticoagulant. Decaris increases the level of phenytoin in the blood, the poet, while applying them simultaneously, must control the level of phenytoin in the blood.
Decaris cannot be used simultaneously with lipophilic drugs, such as carbon tetrachloride, tetrachlorethylene, henopodium oil, chloroform or ether, since its toxicity may increase.
Pregnancy and Lactation
Prescription drug during pregnancy is possible only in the case when the intended benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus.
If necessary, the use of the drug during breastfeeding should decide on the termination of breastfeeding.
Alcohol should not be consumed during and after taking the drug for 24 hours. There is insufficient evidence that levamisole, used as an anthelmintic agent, inhibits the nervous system.
The effect of the drug on the ability to drive and other mechanisms
Due to the fact that while taking the drug may occur transient, mild dizziness, caution should be exercised when driving a car or when working with mechanisms during the entire course of treatment.
Symptoms: When a large dose of levamisole (over 600 mg) was administered, the following signs of intoxication were described: nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, convulsions, diarrhea, headache, dizziness and confusion.
Treatment: in case of accidental overdose, and if it did not take long after taking the drug, gastric lavage is performed. Monitoring of vital body functions and symptomatic therapy is necessary. If there is evidence of anticholinesterase action, atropine may be administered.
- Brand name: Decaris
- Active ingredient: Levamisole
- Dosage form: pills
- Manufacturer: Egis
- Country of Origin: Hungary
- Cerebral demyelination syndrome in a patient treated with 5-fluorouracil and levamisole: The use of thallium SPECT imaging to assist in noninvasive diagnosis--A case report
- Effects of the inhibitors of energy metabolism, lonidamine and levamisole, on 5-aminolevulinic-acid-induced photochemotherapy
- Opposing effects on mitochondrial membrane potential by malonate and levamisole, whose effect on cell-mediated mineralization is antagonistic
- Ecto-alkaline phosphatase considered as levamisole-sensitive phosphohydrolase at physiological pH range during mineralization in cultured fetal calvaria cells
- Synthesis of 14C-labeled levamisole and 13C-labeled tetramisole
- Preliminary analysis of a randomized clinical trial of adjuvant postoperative RT vs. postoperative RT plus 5-FU and levamisole in patients with TNM stage II-III resectable rectal cancer
- Immunocompetence of cancer patients treated with levamisole
- Chemoimmunotherapy of metastatic large bowel cancer. Nonspecific stimulation with BCG and levamisole
- Sequential chemoimmunotherapy of colorectal cancer. Evaluation of methotrexate, Baker's antifol and levamisole
- Restoration by levamisole of e-rosette formation and its abrogation by autochthonous serum from patients with bladder cancer
- Combined chemoimmunotherapy for advanced breast cancer. A comparison of BCG and levamisole
- Actinomycin-D, levamisole chemoimmunotherapy of refractory malignant melanoma
- Immunotherapy with levamisole. Early Decrease of cAMP Levels in Lymphocytes from Treated Cancer Patients
- Effect of short-term levamisole therapy on delayed hypersensitivity
- Cellular immune modulation after a single high dose of levamisole in patients with carcinoma
- The relationship between disease activity, treatment response, and immunologic reactivity in immunoblastic lymphadenopathy: A longitudinal study of treatment with levamisole and cytostatics
- Chemoimmunotherapy with levamisole in acute lymphoblastic leukemia
- The influence of ICRF-159 and levamisole on the incidence of metastases following local irradiation of a solid tumor
- The influence of warfarin or levamisole on the incidence of metastases following local irradiation of a solid tumor
- Levamisole as an adjuvant to chemotherapy in extensive bronchogenic carcinoma. A veterans administration lung cancer group study
- Depressed natural killer cell activity in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma in vitro effects of interferon and levamisole
- Evaluation of levamisole as an adjuvant to chemotherapy for treatment of ANLL
- Levamisole in primary breast cancer. A controlled study in conjunction with L-phenylalanine mustard
- Combination chemotherapy plus levamisole in the treatment of disseminated malignant melanoma a southwest oncology group study