- done All payments are SSL encrypted
- done Full Refund if you haven't received your order
- done International shipping to the USA, UK and Europe
Griseofulvin - fungistatic.
Antifungal antibiotic, effective against fungi of the genus Trichophyton, Microsporum, Epidermophyton. It causes a violation of the structure of the mitotic spindle and cell wall synthesis in chitin-containing fungi, inhibits the division of fungal cells in metaphase and protein synthesis due to the disruption of communication with messenger RNA. Accumulates in the cells of the skin, hair, nails. As the infected keratin separates, it is replaced with healthy tissue.
Absorption is high. WITHmax - 0.5–5 mg / l, Tmax after ingestion - 4–5 hours. Communication with plasma proteins - 80%. Selectively accumulates in the stratum corneum and its appendages, as well as in the liver, fatty tissue, skeletal muscle. A small amount is distributed in body fluids and tissues. Penetrates through the placenta. Metabolized in the liver to form inactive metabolites (6-methylgrisofulvin and the glucuronide derivative) .Т1/2 - 24 hours. Excreted by the kidneys (including 1% - unchanged) and through the intestines (36% - unchanged).
Mycoses of the skin, hair, nails: trichophytosis, favus, microsporia of the scalp, smooth skin, ring beard and mustache, athlete smooth skin, athlete's foot, inguinal athlete, onychomycosis.
1 tablet contains:
Active ingredient: griseofulvin 125 mg.
No customer reviews for the moment.
Dosage and Administration
For oral use during or after meals with vegetable oil. With microsporia, children are prescribed at the rate of 21–22 mg per 1 kg of the patient’s body weight per day, for adults - from 500 to 1000 mg (8 pills per day). The drug is taken daily until the first negative test for mushrooms, then at the same dose every other day for 2 weeks and then 2 times a week for 2 weeks.
With trichophytosis (superficial and infiltrative-suppurative forms) and favus for children - at the rate of 18 mg / kg of body weight in the same way as with microsporia.
With onychomycosis, trichophytia and favus of the scalp, the daily dose for adults weighing up to 50 kg is 625 mg (5 pills). The maximum daily dose is 1 g (8 pills). The daily dose in children and adolescents is 16 mg / kg of body weight.
With onychomycosis, the drug is prescribed daily for the first month, the second month - every other day, then 2 times a week in the same daily dose until the nails regrow are completely. The total duration of treatment is at least 8 months.
From the side of the central nervous system: headache, dizziness, disorientation, unusual fatigue or weakness, insomnia, peripheral neuropathy, impaired coordination of movements, limb paresthesia, confusion.
From the digestive tract: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, gastralgia, candidal stomatitis, hepatitis.
From the side of blood-forming organs: granulocytopenia, agranulocytosis, leukopenia.
Allergic reactions: urticaria, skin rash, pruritus, angioedema, photosensitivity, lupus-like syndrome, erythema multiforme exudative, Lyell's syndrome.
Hypersensitivity, porphyria, systemic lupus erythematosus, lupus erythematosus-like syndrome, systemic blood diseases, leukopenia, acute and subacute liver and kidney diseases with impaired functions, hepatic failure, malignant neoplasms, cerebral circulation disorders, post-stroke condition, uterine bleeding, pregnancy, uterine bleeding, pregnancy. feeding, child age (up to 2 years old - efficacy and safety have not been studied).
Enhances the action of ethanol. Reduces the activity of estrogen-containing oral contraceptives, anticoagulants of indirect action (due to the induction of microsomal liver enzymes). Barbiturates and primidon reduce antifungal activity.
Treatment with Griseofulvin is carried out under the control of the morphological composition of the blood (1 time in 10-15 days).
- Brand name: Griseofulvin
- Active ingredient: Griseofulvin
- Dosage form: Pills
- Manufacturer: Biosynthesis
- Country of Origin: Russia
- Inhibition of PPARα/RXRα-mediated direct hyperplasia pathways during griseofulvin-induced hepatocarcinogenesis
- Cytogenetic Effect of Griseofulvin in Mouse Spermatocytes
- Griseofulvin potentiates antitumorigenesis effects of nocodazole through induction of apoptosis and G2/M cell cycle arrest in human colorectal cancer cells
- Acquired von willebrand's disease, IgE polyclonal gammopathy and griseofulvin therapy
- Synthese in der Griseofulvin-Reihe 6′ -Desmethyl-griseofulvin
- Preparation and thermal characterization of poly(ethylene oxide)/griseofulvin solid dispersions for biomedical applications
- Die Nachweisreaktion von Griseofulvin mit Kaliumdichromat in Schwefelsäure
- Influence of griseofulvin upon acute gouty arthritis
- Griseofulvin for eosinophilic fasciitis
- Griseofulvin absorption from different sites in the human small intestine
- ChemInform Abstract: Biosynthesis and Microbial Transformation of Griseofulvin and Carcinogenesis and Prevention of Cancer by Estrogens
- ChemInform Abstract: Syntheses and Antifungal Activity of dl-Griseofulvin and Its Congeners. Part 2.
- ChemInform Abstract: Syntheses and Antifungal Activity of dl-Griseofulvin and Its Congeners. Part 3.
- Griseofulvin: Interaction with normal and subtilisin-treated tubulin
- Variation of mouse oocyte sensitivity to griseofulvin-induced aneuploidy and meiotic delay during the first meiotic division
- Mallory Body Formation Runs Parallel to γ-Glutamyl Transferase Induction in Hepatocytes of Griseofulvin-Fed Mice
- Induction of heat shock proteins in short-term cultured hepatocytes derived from normal and chronically griseofulvin-treated mice
- Fate of Mallory body-containing hepatocytes: Disappearance of Mallory bodies and restoration of the hepatocytic intermediate filament cytoskeleton after drug withdrawal in the griseofulvin-treated mouse
- Posttranslational events involved in griseofulvin-induced keratin cytoskeleton alterations
- Syntheseversuche in der Griseofulvin-Reihe. Vorläufige Mitteilung. Totalsynthese von Griseofulvin
- Syntheseversuche in der Griseofulvinreihe. 1. Mitteilung. Eine Totalsynthese von Griseofulvin
- Syntheseversuche in der Griseofulvinreihe. 2. Mitteilung. Abwandlungen im Ring C von Griseofulvin
- Syntheseversuche in der Griseofulvinreihe. 5. Mitteilung. Zur Synthese von (−)- und (+)-Griseofulvin und ihrer Diastereomeren
- Poly(lactide)-poly(ethylene glycol) micelles as a carrier for griseofulvin