- done All payments are SSL encrypted
- done Full Refund if you haven't received your order
- done International shipping to the USA, UK and Europe
Pharmacological group: Sedative of plant origin
ATX code: N05CM
The drug has a sedative and antispasmodic effect. Extract of rhizomes with valerian roots has a calming effect. Lemon balm leaf extract - soothing and antispasmodic. Peppermint Leaf Extract - antispasmodic, mild sedative effect.
Increased nervous irritability, insomnia, irritability.
1 coated tablet contains: composition of the core: active substances: valerian extract dry - 50,000 mg; dry lemon balm extract - 25,000 mg; peppermint dry extract - 25,000 mg; excipients: talc, magnesium stearate, crospovidone, corn starch, colloidal silicon dioxide, microcrystalline cellulose, lactose; shell composition: hydroxypropylcellulose (Hypromellose, Pharmacoat), talc, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, povidone, sucrose, colloidal silicon dioxide, calcium carbonate, titanium dioxide, brown dye 75, glycerin, E Hoechst wax (Capol 600).
Persen® is marketed under different brands and generic names, and comes in different dosage forms:
|Brand name||Manufacturer||Country||Dosage form|
No customer reviews for the moment.
Dosage and Administration
Should be adminsitered orally, flushed with water, regardless of the meal.
Adults and children over 12 years old with increased nervous excitability, irritability are prescribed by 2-3 tab. The drug is taken 2-3 times / day. When insomnia - 2-3 tab. 30 min-1 h before bedtime.
The maximum daily dose is 12 tab.
When discontinuation of treatment, withdrawal does not occur.
Do not use the drug continuously for more than 1.5-2 months.
Possible: allergic reactions (hyperemia, skin rash, peripheral edema, allergic dermatitis), bronchospasm, with prolonged; with prolonged use - constipation.
- Lactase deficiency, lactose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption;
- deficiency of sucrase / isomaltase, fructose intolerance;
- arterial hypotension;
- cholangitis, cholelithiasis and other diseases of the biliary tract;
- breastfeeding period;
- children's age up to 12 years;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Precautions should be given to patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
With simultaneous use of the drug with other drugs that depress the central nervous system (including hypnotic drugs, antihypertensive drugs of central action, analgesics), may increase the effect on the central nervous system (may require dose adjustment).
Pregnancy and Lactation
The use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation is contraindicated.
In patients with GERD, symptoms may worsen.
If during the use of the drug symptoms persist or worsen, you should consult with your doctor.
Do not use the drug continuously for more than 1.5-2 months.
Influence on ability to drive motor transport and control mechanisms
During the period of drug treatment, care should be taken when performing potentially hazardous activities that require increased concentration of attention and speed of psychomotor reactions (driving, working with moving mechanisms, the work of the dispatcher, the operator).
Symptoms: a single dose of 20 g of rhizomes with valerian roots (approximately 103 tab.) Can cause a feeling of fatigue, stomach cramps, a feeling of tightness in the chest, dizziness, hand tremor, dilated pupils that can pass on their own within 24 hours
Treatment: gastric lavage is recommended; symptomatic therapy is carried out if necessary.
With symptoms of overdose, the patient should consult a doctor.
- Brand name: Persen
- Active ingredient: Valerian root extras. Melissa Lek. herbs extras, mint leaves extras
- Dosage form: pills, coated.
- Manufacturer: Sandoz
- Country of Origin: Switzerland
Studies and clinical trials of Persen (Click to expand)
- Comment on the minimum stable slug length
- Application of Schmidt's method to the calculation of spalding's function and of the skin-friction coefficient in turbulent flow
- The transfer of heat across a turbulent boundary layer at very high prandtl numbers
- Progress in Heat and Mass Transfer: Vol. 2, Eckert presentation volume. Pergamon Press, Oxford (1969). 499 pp, £12
- Boundary layer theory: L. N. Persen, 212 pp., Tapir, £3.30
- Stratified gas-liquid flow in downwardly inclined pipes
- Concepts of turbulence and C.F.D. applications
- The round thermal jet: undisturbed and in cross-flow
- On the stability of stratified flow and its transition to other flow regimes
- Einiges über die Grundlage der Berechnung von Wasserschlössern
- Satellitenbewegung mit Reibung
- R. S. Brand and L. N. Persen, Implications of „the Law of the Wall” for Turbulent Boundary Layers. (Acta Polytechnica Scandinavica, Physics including Nucleonics Series, No. 30) 61 S. Trondheim 1964. Preis brosch. Sw. Kr. 10.00
- L. N. Persen, Heat-transfer through Turbulent Layers at Arbitrary Prandtl-number. (Acta Polytechnica Scandinavica, Physics including Nucleonics Series, No. 35) 47 S. Trondheim 1965. Preis brosch. Sw. kr. 10:00
- L. N. Persen, Über die Grundlage der Theorie für Wärmeübertragung durch turbulente Grenzschichten. (Acta Polytechnica Scandinavica, Physics Including Nucleonics Series, No 39) 24 S. Trondheim 1966. Preis brosch. Sw. kr. 10,00
- L. N. Persen, Die theoretische Unterlage für die analytische Beschreibung der Wellenausbreitung im Felsen. (Acta Polytechnica Scandinavica, Civil Engineering and Building Construction Series No 39) 126 S. Trondheim 1966. Sw. Kr. 20:00
- On the measurement of wall shear stress
- A note on the turbulent energy as a parameter of turbulent flow
- On the error function of a complex argument
- The effect of a standing sound field on a slow stream discharged from a porous wall
- Stratified two-phase flow in circular pipes
- Rock dynamics and geophysical exploration — textbook : PERSEN, LN ELSEVIER, AMSTERDAM. 1975, P276
- Registration of plant protection products in EPPO countries: current status and possible approaches to harmonization
- De invloed van de stand van het lichaam op de intra-abdominale druk bij persen (Valsalva-manoeuvre)