- done All payments are SSL encrypted
- done Full Refund if you haven't received your order
- done International shipping to the USA, UK and Europe
Pharmacotherapeutic group: anxiolytic agent (tranquilizer).
ATX code: N05BX
Selank® is a synthesized analogue of the endogenous peptide tafttsin, has an original mechanism of neurospecific action on the central nervous system.
Selank® has an anti-anxiety effect with an antidepressant effect; antiasthenic action.
Relieves anxiety, anxiety, fear, apathy, depression and asthenia.
It has a positive effect on cognitive functions, improves memory, speech, increases attention, activates learning processes, in particular, memorization, analysis and reproduction of information. Normalizes psychomotor reactions.
Under stress, Selank® eliminates negative emotional tension and stimulates the development of adaptive behavior aimed at achieving a beneficial result.
Selank® is administered intranasally (nasal drops). The absolute bioavailability of Selank® when administered to the nasal mucosa is 92.8%. The drug is rapidly absorbed from the nasal mucosa and after 30 seconds it is detected in the blood plasma, and then quickly distributed to various organs and tissues. Penetrates into the brain tissue. Plasma concentration decreases progressively within 5-5.5 minutes. In the daily urine, neither unchanged drug nor metabolites are detected, which is due to the rapid degradation of Selanka® under the influence of tissue peptidases.
• unmotivated anxiety;
• panic attacks;
• instability of mood;
• sleep disorders;
• decrease in will, initiation of activity, indecision, difficulty in decision making, self-doubt;
• lack of communication;
• adjustment disorders;
Prevention and treatment of stress disorders.
The composition of 1 ml: Active ingredient: Selank® in terms of 100% substance (threonyl-lysylprolyl-arginyl-prolyl-glycyl-proline diacetate) - 1.5 mg.
Excipients: methyl parahydroxybenzoate (nipagin) - 1 mg, purified water to 1 ml.
No customer reviews for the moment.
Dosage and Administration
Selank® is used intranasally, using a vial sealed with a plastic screw cap, or a dropper cap.
If the bottle is sealed with a plastic screw cap, for initial use, remove the plastic screw cap and replace it with the supplied pipette with cap.
Type the drug in the pipette.
Squeeze out the required number of drops of the drug on a clean mucous membrane of the nasal passage, and then with a finger hold the nostril for a short time.
If the bottle is sealed with a dropper cap, carefully cut off the tip of the pipette and close the pipette tightly with a cap. Before use, turn the bottle over so that the fluid fills the entire pipette space. Remove the cap. Squeeze out the required number of drops of the drug on a clean mucous membrane of the nasal passage, and then with a finger hold the nostril for a short time.
The instillation of the drug in the nasal passages is carried out in a sitting position with the head slightly thrown or tilted to the side, after which for a short time each nostril is clamped with a finger.
The efficiency of absorption can be reduced in the presence of increased secretions of the nasal mucosa, so before use (instillation) it is recommended to clear the nasal passage.
Dose: 2 drops in each nasal passage 3 times a day.
The duration of the course of the drug is 14 days. If necessary, treatment can be repeated after 1-3 weeks, after consulting a doctor.
Use the drug only according to the method of application and in those doses that are specified in the instructions. If necessary, please consult a physician before using the drug.
With increased sensitivity to the perception of smell and taste when you get the drug from the nasal cavity on the pharyngeal mucosa may appear unpleasant taste. Perhaps the development of allergic reactions with individual intolerance.
If any of the side effects indicated in the instruction are aggravated, or you have noticed any other side effects that are not indicated in the instruction, inform your doctor.
Individual intolerance to the drug.
Pregnancy, breastfeeding period (efficacy and safety studies were not conducted).
Children under 18 years of age (efficacy and safety studies have not been conducted).
Selank® does not affect the effects of drugs that inhibit and stimulate the central nervous system - haloperidol, pentobarbital, hexobarbital, analeptics.
Selank® can be combined with any psycho-and neuroactive therapy.
Selank® is safe when used together with ethanol-containing agents.
If you are taking other medications (including over-the-counter) before using Selank®, consult your doctor.
Pregnancy and Lactation
Since controlled studies of the use of Selank® in pregnant women have not been conducted, it should not be used during pregnancy.
If necessary, the use of the drug during lactation, from breastfeeding should refrain.
Selank® does not cause the phenomena of drug dependence and addiction.
Influence on ability to steer vehicles, mechanisms
Does not affect the ability to drive motor vehicles and control mechanisms.
When using the drug Selank® cases of overdose are not registered.
- Brand name: Selank
- Active ingredient: Threonyl-Lysyl-Prolyl-Arginyl-Prolyl-Glycyl-Proline
- Dosage form: Nasal drops.
- Manufacturer: Peptogen
- Country of Origin: Russia
- Seasonal effects of Selank on the behavior of hibernating animals
- Selank and its metabolites maintain homeostasis in the gastric mucosa
- Effect of selank on cognitive processes after damage inflicted to the cerebral catecholamine system during early ontogeny
- Use of Selank to correct measures of integrative brain activity and biogenic amine levels in adult rats resulting from Antenatal Hypoxia
- Intranasal administration of the peptide Selank regulates BDNF expression in the rat hippocampus in vivo
- Antiviral properties of structural fragments of the peptide Selank
- Compensatory and antiamnestic effects of heptapeptide Selank in monkeys
- Changes in expression of the genes for chemokines, cytokines, and their receptors in response to selank and its fragments
- Comparison of anticoagulant effects of regulatory proline-containing oligopeptides. Specificity of glyprolines, semax, and selank and potential for their practical application
- Synthesis of tritium-labeled Selank
- Transcriptomic response of rat hippocampus and spleen cells to single and chronic administration of the peptide selank
- Semax and Selank Inhibit the Enkephalin-Degrading Enzymes of Human Serum
- Effects of Selank on Behavioral Reactions and Activities of Plasma Enkephalin-Degrading Enzymes in Mice with Different Phenotypes of Emotional and Stress Reactions
- The Inhibitory Effect of Selank on Enkephalin-Degrading Enzymes as a Possible Mechanism of Its Anxiolytic Activity
- The Optimizing Action of the Synthetic Peptide Selank on a Conditioned Active Avoidance Reflex in Rats
- Selank and Short Peptides of the Tuftsin Family in the Regulation of Adaptive Behavior in Stress
- A New Property of the Synthetic Anxiolytic Selank and Its Derivatives
- Leu-Enkephalin Generally Labeled with Tritium in Studying the Selank Inhibiting Effect on the Enkephalin-Degrading Enzymes of Human Blood Plasma
- Expression of inflammation-related genes in mouse spleen under tuftsin analog Selank
- The cerebroprotective effects of Semax and Selank in primates at different types of neurosis
- P.3.003 The effect of Selank on the seasonal depressed animal behaviour
- P.3.018 Neuropharmacological effects of heptapeptide Selank on the neurotransmitter content in brain structures of Wistar rats
- P.3.026 Pharmacokinetics of peptide anxiolytic Selank in rat blood and brain after intranasal administration
- P.3.036 Novel anxiolytic Selank: Results of thePhase II clinical trials