Sorbifer Durules [Ferrous Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid]
- done All payments are SSL encrypted
- done Full Refund if you haven't received your order
- done International shipping to the USA, UK and Europe
Sorbifer Durules has antianemic effect, compensating for iron deficiency.
Iron-deficiency anemia; iron deficiency. Prophylactic use in pregnancy, lactation and blood donors.
1 tablet contains ferric sulfate 320 mg, ascorbic acid 60 mg
No customer reviews for the moment.
Dosage and Administration
Drops and pills are taken orally (without chewing), 30 minutes before a meal, with 100 ml of liquid. After normalization of hemoglobin indices, treatment is carried out within 1-3 months until complete saturation of the iron depot in the body.
The usual dose of the drug in terms of elemental iron for adults during treatment is 100–200 mg / day, and for prophylaxis and maintenance therapy it is 100 mg / day.
Children - 3 mg / kg / day.
Sorbifer durules (1 tab. Contains 320 mg of iron sulfate and 60 mg of ascorbic acid): Adults are prescribed 2 tab. 3 times / day With anemia in the I-II trimesters of pregnancy - 1 tab. 1 time / day, in the third trimester and in the period of lactation - 1 tab. 2 times / day.
Nausea, vomiting, constipation or diarrhea, gastralgia, loss of appetite, skin allergic reactions.
Increased sensitivity to components Sorbifer Durules, esophageal stenosis and / or obstructive changes in the digestive tract, increased body iron (hemosiderosis, hemochromatosis), impaired iron utilization (lead anemia, sideroblastic anemia, hemolytic anemia), children up to 12 years old (due to for lack of clinical data).
Mutually reduce absorption in the combined use of tetracyclines, D-penicillamine, tea, egg yolk.
Antacids containing salts of aluminum, magnesium and calcium, reduce the absorption of iron preparations.
Pregnancy and Lactation
The indication for use is an increased need for iron during pregnancy and lactation.
If necessary, the appointment of the drug should carefully study the instructions.
Effective only with iron deficiency anemia and ineffective with anemia of a different etiology.
Avoid co-administration with other iron-containing drugs (risk of overdose).
Staining feces in a dark (black) color against the background of iron supplementation has no clinical significance.
Symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
Treatment: wash the stomach with 1% aqueous solution of sodium bicarbonate or assign deferoxamine; take in raw eggs and milk, which will ensure the binding of iron ions in the digestive tract and their subsequent excretion.
- Brand name: Sorbifer Durules®
- Active ingredient: Ferrous Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid
- Effects of ascorbic acid and ferrous sulfate on trace element extractability by dialyzation of weaning foods
- Regular consumption of a complementary food fortified with ascorbic acid and ferrous fumarate or ferric pyrophosphate is as useful as ferrous sulfate in maintaining hemoglobin concentrations >105 g/L in young Bangladeshi children
- Iron Bioavailability from a Lipid-Based Complementary Food Fortificant Mixed with Millet Porridge Can Be Optimized by Adding Phytase and Ascorbic Acid but Not by Using a Mixture of Ferrous Sulfate and Sodium Iron EDTA
- Fortification Iron as Ferrous Sulfate Plus Ascorbic Acid Is More Rapidly Absorbed Than as Sodium Iron EDTA but Neither Increases Serum Nontransferrin-Bound Iron in Women
- Some Therapeutic Implications of Ferrous Sulfate-Ascorbic Acid Mixtures