Tenoxicam, which is a thienothiazine derivative of oxicam, is an NSAID. In addition to anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effects, the drug also prevents platelet aggregation. Tenoxicam exerts its anti-inflammatory effect by suppressing the activity of COX isoenzymes involved in the metabolism of arachidonic acid, and thus inhibits the synthesis of PG. Tenoxicam does not affect the activity of lipoxygenases. In addition, tenoxicam suppresses several leukocyte functions, including phagocytosis, histamine release and reduces the content of active radicals in the inflammatory focus.
- rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, articular syndrome with exacerbation of gout, bursitis, tendovaginitis;
- pain syndrome (weak and moderate intensity): arthralgia, myalgia, neuralgia, migraine, toothache and headache, algomenorrhea;
- pain with injuries, burns;
- inflammatory and degenerative diseases of the musculoskeletal system, accompanied by pain, such as sciatica, lumbago, epicondylitis.
- It is intended for symptomatic therapy, reducing pain and inflammation at the time of use, does not affect the progression of the disease.