- done All payments are SSL encrypted
- done Full Refund if you haven't received your order
- done International shipping to the USA, UK and Europe
Clinico-pharmacological group: Vasoconstrictor drug for local use in ENT practice
Pharmaco-therapeutic group: Anti-conductive agent - vasoconstrictor (alpha adrenergic)
Alpha adrenergic for local application in an ENT-practice.
When applied topically, xylometazoline causes a narrowing of the arterioles, leading to a decrease in hyperemia and swelling of the mucous membranes of the nasopharynx and a decrease in secretion. Distinct local action of the drug is detected within a few minutes and lasts for several hours (up to 6-8 hours), manifesting itself in the restoration of the patency of the nasal passages, the openings of the sinuses and the Eustachian tubes. Restoration of air flow in the nasopharynx improves the patient's well-being and reduces the risk of possible complications caused by the stagnation of mucous secretions.
With topical administration, xylometazoline is practically not absorbed, so plasma concentrations are very low (not analytically determined).
Rinonorm is used as a symptomatic therapy for the following diseases and conditions:
- acute viral or bacterial rhinitis;
- acute allergic rhinitis;
- acute sinusitis or exacerbation of chronic sinusitis;
- acute otitis media (to reduce swelling of the mucous membrane of the Eustachian tube);
- preparing the patient for diagnostic procedures in the nasal passages.
|xylometazoline hydrochloride||1 mg|
Excipients: citric acid monohydrate, sodium citrate dihydrate, glycerol 85%, water d / u.
Xylometazoline is marketed under different brands and generic names, and comes in different dosage forms:
|Brand name||Manufacturer||Country||Dosage form|
|Renomaris||Jadran-Galensky Laboratories ao||Croatia||spray|
|Golden star Noz||Danafa Pharmaceutical Joint||Vietnam||drops|
|Xylometazoline||Vips Med Firm||Russia||spray|
|Golden star Noz||Danafa Pharmaceutical Joint||Vietnam||spray|
No customer reviews for the moment.
Dosage and Administration
Adults and children over 6 years old 2-3 drops of 0.1% solution are instilled into each nasal passage 3-4 times a day.
Children from 2 to 6 years Instill a 0.05% solution of 1-2 drops in each nasal passage - 1-2 times a day. Do not use more than 3 times a day.
Duration of treatment - no more than 3-5 days (without a break).
Before using the drug, unscrew the cap of the bottle and instill into the nose by gently pressing the bottom of the bottle.
Local reactions:with frequent and / or long-term use - irritation and / or dryness of the nasopharyngeal mucosa, burning, paresthesia, sneezing, hypersecretion; rarely - swelling of the nasal mucosa.
Systemic reactions: vomiting, headache, palpitations, increased blood pressure, insomnia, blurred vision, depression (with prolonged use of high doses).
Hypersensitivity to xylometazoline, arterial hypertension, tachycardia, marked atherosclerosis, glaucoma, atrophic rhinitis, hyperthyroidism, surgical interventions on the meninges (in history), pregnancy, child age (up to 6 years for 0.1% solution and for 0.05% solution - to 2 years).
Do not use in the treatment of monoamine oxidase inhibitors and tricyclic antidepressants.
Carefully: diabetes mellitus, lactation, ischemic heart disease, angina III-IV functional class, prostatic hyperplasia.
It is possible to enhance the systemic action with the simultaneous use of monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO) and tricyclic antidepressants.
Pregnancy and Lactation
During pregnancy and lactation, the drug should be used only after a careful assessment of the ratio of benefits for the mother and the risk to the fetus and child, with caution, it is not allowed to exceed the recommended doses.
Do not exceed the recommended dose and apply for a long time.
Before use, you must clean the nasal passages.
Do not use for more than 7 days.
Symptoms:increased side effects.
Treatment: symptomatic under medical supervision.
- Brand name: Rinonorm-Teva
- Active ingredient: Xylometazoline
- Dosage form: Spray nasal dosed
- Manufacturer: Jadran-Galensky Laboratories ao.
- High-performance liquid chromatographic method for the assay of dexamethasone and xylometazoline in nasal drops containing methyl p-hydroxybenzoate
- A comparative analysis of the decongestive effect of oxymetazoline and xylometazoline in healthy subjects
- Determination of xylometazoline in plasma and urine by gas chromatography using a fused-silica capillary column and an electron-capture detector
- Rosacea (erythematotelangiectatic type) effectively improved by topical xylometazoline
- Alpha-adrenoceptor agonistic activity of oxymetazoline and xylometazoline
- Kinetics of hydrolysis of xylometazoline (XYL) in aqueous solution
- Effect of xylometazoline and antazoline on ciliary beat frequency
- Computer-assisted video measurement of inhibition of ciliary beat frequency of human nasal epithelium in vitro by xylometazoline
- A comparison of the sensitivity of manometric rhinometry, acoustic rhinometry, rhinomanometry and nasal peak flow to detect the decongestant effect of xylometazoline
- Effects of intranasal xylometazoline, alone or in combination with ipratropium, in patients with common cold
- Influence of intranasal sterile isotonic sea water applications on xylometazoline administration: An experimental study in pigs
- The value of Ems Mineral Salts in the treatment of rhinosinusitis in children: Prospective study on the efficacy of mineral salts versus xylometazoline in the topical nasal treatment of children
- Reversible cardiomyopathy due to chronic use of xylometazoline topical nasal spray
- Extractive spectrophotometric determination of chromium(III) in steels using 4-(2-pyridylazo)resorcinol and xylometazoline hydrochloride
- A Randomized Trial of 181 Patients to Topical Anesthesia with Lidocaine Versus Lidocaine Plus Xylometazoline for Unsedated Ultrathin Transnasal Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Structure of xylometazoline (otrivin) hydrochloride, an α-adrenergic agonist
- Evaluation of the Effect of Xylometazoline on the Absorption of Zolmitriptan Nasal Spray
- Xylometazoline poisoning: A 40-fold nasal overdose caused by a compounding error in 3 children
- Xylometazoline overdose