- done All payments are SSL encrypted
- done Full Refund if you haven't received your order
- done International shipping to the USA, UK and Europe
Metromicon-Neo is a combined preparation with antiprotozoal, antifungal and antibacterial action.
- vaginal candidiasis;
- Trichomonas vaginitis and vulvovaginitis, bacterial vaginosis;
- mixed vaginal infection.
1 suppository contains:
Active substances: miconazole nitrate - 100 mg, metronidazole - 500 mg.
Excipients: semisynthetic glycerides.
Metronidazole, Miconazole is marketed under different brands and generic names, and comes in different dosage forms:
|Brand name||Manufacturer||Country||Dosage form|
|Klion-D 100||Gedeon Richter||Hungary||pills|
No customer reviews for the moment.
Dosage and Administration
Acute vaginitis, bacterial vaginosis: on 1 suppository in the morning and for the night within 7 days in a row.
Chronic vaginitis: 1 suppository 1 time per day, immediately before bedtime, for 14 consecutive days.
Often recurrent vaginitis or in the absence of positive clinical dynamics in the treatment of other methods: 1 suppository in the morning and at night for 14 days.
Before freeing the suppository from the contour packaging using scissors (cut the film along the suppository contour), insert it deeply into the vagina.
Local reactions: burning, itching, irritation of the mucous membrane of the vagina and increased swelling. Due to inflammation of the vaginal mucosa with vaginitis, irritation may increase after the introduction of the first suppository or by the third day of treatment. These complications quickly disappear after stopping treatment.
From the gastrointestinal tract: pain or cramps in the abdomen, "metallic" taste, dry mouth, constipation, diarrhea, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting.
From the nervous system: headache, motor disorders (ataxia), dizziness, psycho-emotional disorders, convulsions.
From the hemopoietic system: leukopenia.
Allergic reactions: skin rashes, including urticaria.
Carefully: with hepatic and renal failure, porphyria, impaired blood formation and diseases of the peripheral and central nervous system, diabetes, microcirculation disorders, during pregnancy (II and III trimesters).
In connection with the ingress of metronidazole into the systemic circulation, the following interaction reactions may be noted with simultaneous use with certain substances:
Oral anticoagulants: effect of indirect anticoagulants increases.
Disulfiram: there may be violations of the central nervous system (mental reactions); no, metronidazole should be prescribed to patients who have taken disulfiram in the last 2 weeks.
Phenytoin: the concentration of phenytoin in the blood increases, and the concentration of metronidazole in the blood decreases.
Lithium preparations: there may be an increase in their toxicity.
Phenobarbital: decreases the concentration of metronidazole in the blood.
Cimetidine: may increase the concentration of metronidazole in the blood.
Astemizol and terfenadine: metronidazole and miconazole inhibit the metabolism of these drugs and increase plasma concentration.
Ethanol: The interaction of metronidazole with ethanol causes disulfiram-like reactions.
Pregnancy and Lactation
The purpose of the drug is contraindicated in the first trimester of pregnancy. Application in the II and III trimesters of pregnancy is possible only if the potential benefit to the mother outweighs the possible risk to the fetus.
If necessary, the appointment of the drug during lactation breastfeeding should be discontinued, as metronidazole penetrates into breast milk. Breastfeeding can be resumed 24-48 hours after the end of treatment.
When using the drug should refrain from sexual contact. In order to avoid re-infection, simultaneous treatment of the sexual partner is necessary. In the case of Trichomonas vaginitis, it is advisable to simultaneously treat the sexual partner with metnnidazole for oral administration.
During treatment and at least for 24-48 hours after the end of the course of treatment, ethanol administration should be avoided (ethanol intolerance is possible).
The simultaneous use of the drug with contraceptive diaphragms and rubber or latex condoms is not recommended (interaction with price suppositories is possible).
With strong irritation of the vagina, drug treatment should be discontinued.
Suppositories should be used only intravaginally, they can not be swallowed or used in another way.
In the case of the use of the drug in conjunction with metronidazole for oral administration, especially with repeated courses, control of the pattern of peripheral blood is necessary (danger of leukopenia).
Influence on ability to drive motor transport and management of potentially dangerous mechanisms: It is recommended to be careful, as the possible negative impact on the ability to drive a car and control complex machinery cannot be excluded. If side effects arise from the central nervous system, one should refrain from driving and working with potentially dangerous machinery.
At observance of the recommended doses, due to the low absorption of the drug, no overdose cases have been identified.
Possible symptoms: nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, itching, metallic taste in the mouth, ataxia, dizziness, paresthesia, peripheral neuropathy (with prolonged use in high doses), convulsions, leukopenia, dark urine staining (due to overdose of metronidazole) .
Symptoms of miconazole overdose have not been identified.
Treatment: symptomatic and supportive therapy, with occasional ingestion - gastric lavage.
- Brand name: Metromicon-Neo
- Active ingredient: Metronidazole, Miconazole
- Dosage form: Vaginal suppositories
- Manufacturer: Anzhero-Sudzhensky HFZ
- Country of Origin: Russia
- Application of nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy for quantitative analysis of miconazole, metronidazole and sulfamethoxazole in pharmaceutical and urine samples
- The possible association between the combination of vaginal metronidazole and miconazole treatment and poly-syndactyly: Population-based case–control teratologic study
- Teratogenic effects in mouse fetuses subjected to the concurrent in utero exposure to miconazole and metronidazole
- Simultaneous determination of metronidazole and miconazole in pharmaceutical dosage forms by RP-HPLC
- Efficacy and tolerance of metronidazole and miconazole nitrate in treatment of vaginitis
- Efficacy of 7-day treatment with metronidazole+miconazole (Neo-Penotran®) — a triple-active pessary for the treatment of single and mixed vaginal infections
- P561 Efficacy and tolerance of metronidazole 750 mg and miconazole nitrate 200 mg in treatment of vaginitis
- Intravaginal Metronidazole/Miconazole for the Treatment of Vaginal Trichomoniasis
- Randomized Trial of Periodic Presumptive Treatment With High-Dose Intravaginal Metronidazole and Miconazole to Prevent Vaginal Infections in HIV-negative Women
- Metronidazole/miconazole/warfarin interaction
- A Rapid and Validated RP-HPLC Method for the Simultaneous Quantification of Benzoic Acid, Metronidazole and Miconazole Nitrate in Vaginal Formulations