Femilex® [Lactic acid]
- done All payments are SSL encrypted
- done Full Refund if you haven't received your order
- done International shipping to the USA, UK and Europe
Pharmaco-therapeutic group: Antiseptic
Lactic acid is a natural product of the life of the lactic acid bacteria of the vagina, provides a vaginal secretion pH in the range of 3.5-4.5. Suppositories with lactic acid help restore and maintain normal pH and vaginal flora, suppress the growth of acid-sensitive pathogenic and conditionally pathogenic flora.
Lactic acid creates an acid reserve for the correction of the shift in pH in the alkaline direction observed in vaginal infections. It helps to increase the natural protection of the vagina from genital infections.
Information about the pharmacokinetics are not available.
Normalization of impaired microflora and vaginal pH, incl. with bacterial vaginosis (as part of complex therapy).
One suppository contains: active ingredient - lactic acid 100 mg (based on 100% substance); excipients: suppository base - macrogol 1500 (polyethylene oxide 1500), macrogol 400 (polyethylene oxide 400).
No customer reviews for the moment.
Dosage and Administration
Intravaginally. Before use, the suppository is released from the contour packaging. One vaginal suppository is inserted into the vagina (supine with slightly bent legs) 1 time / day. The course of treatment is 10 days.
There may be allergic reactions, itching, in rare cases - a burning sensation in the vagina, taking place after discontinuation of the drug.
- Candida vulvovaginitis;
- breastfeeding period;
- children's age (up to 18 years);
- hypersensitivity to the drug.
No information available.
Pregnancy and Lactation
Use during pregnancy is contraindicated, because clinical trials in pregnant women were not conducted.
Information on the penetration into breast milk is not available. Use during breastfeeding.
If there is a burning sensation and itching, it is recommended to conduct an examination to exclude a fungal infection of the vagina.
No cases of drug overdose have been reported.
- Brand name: Femilex
- Active ingredient: Lactic acid
- Dosage form: Vaginal suppositories 100 mg. 5 suppositories are placed in a blister packaging. One or two blister strip packagings, along with instructions for medical use of the drug, are placed in a carton pack.
- Manufacturer: Nizhpharm
- Identification of Lactic Acid Bacteria fromAlgerian Traditional Cheese, El-Klila
- Leuconostoc fallax, an acid and ethanol tolerant lactic acid bacterium
- Effect of prerigor lactic acid treatment on lysosomal enzyme release in bovine muscle
- Effect on weaner pig performance and diet microbiology of feeding a liquid diet acidified to pH 4 with either lactic acid or through fermentation withPediococcus acidilactici
- Relationship between proteolytic changes and tenderness in prerigor lactic acid marinated beef
- Lactic acid production and rheological properties of yogurt made from milk acidified with carbon dioxide
- A comparative study on the determination of lactic acid in silage juice by colorimetric, high-performance liquid chromatography and enzymatic methods
- Effect of lactic or acetic acid on degradation of myofibrillar proteins in post-mortem goose (Anser anser) breast muscle
- A new chain extension reaction on poly(lactic-glycolic acid) (PLGA) thermal oligomers leading to high molecular weight PLGA-based polymeric products
- Hydrolysis of lactic acid based poly(ester-urethane)s
- Thermal stability of poly(lactic acid) before and after γ-radiolysis
- Photodynamic therapy of tumours with hexadecafluoro zinc phthalocyanine formulated in PEG-coated poly(lactic acid) nanoparticles
- Design and testing of a new cisplatin form using a base material by combining poly-D,L-lactic acid and polyethylene glycol acid against peritoneal metastasis
- Sequence constraints in a glycine–lactic acid copolymer determined by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry
- Transient and stationary operating conditions on performance of lactic acid bacteria crossflow microfiltration
- Extractive lactic acid fermentation in poly (ethyleneimine)-based aqueous two-phase system
- Analysis of phase composition in aqueous two-phase systems using a two-column chromatographic method: Application to lactic acid production by extractive fermentation
- Enhancement of L(+)-lactic acid production using mycelial flocs of Rhizopus oryzae
- Lactic acid fermentation in a recycle batch reactor using immobilized Lactobacillus casei
- Novel polymer–polymer conjugates for recovery of lactic acid by aqueous two-phase extraction
- Enhanced production of L-(+)-lactic acid in chemostat by Lactobacillus casei DSM 20011 using ion-exchange resins and cross-flow filtration in a fully automated pilot plant controlled via NIR
- A kinetic study of the lactic acid fermentation. Batch process at controlled pH
- Reaction kinetics of lactic acid with methanol catalyzed by acid resins
- Effect of molecular weight and crystallinity on poly(lactic acid) mechanical properties