- done All payments are SSL encrypted
- done Full Refund if you haven't received your order
- done International shipping to the USA, UK and Europe
Vagiferon is a combination drug for intravaginal use.
Vagiferon has antiviral, immunomodulatory, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antimicrobial and antiprotozoal (trichomonacid) action.
- Interferon alpha-2b has pronounced antiviral, immunomodulatory properties.
- Metronidazole is an antiprotozoal and antibacterial drug derived from 5-nitroimidazole. The mechanism of action is the biochemical reduction of the 5-nitro group of metronidazole with intracellular transport proteins of anaerobic microorganisms and protozoa. The recovered 5-nitro group of metronidazole interacts with the microbial cell DNA, inhibiting the synthesis of their nucleic acids, which leads to the death of bacteria. It is active against Trichomonas vaginalis, Gardnerella vaginalis, as well as Gram-negative anaerobes Bacteroides spp. (including B. fragilis, B. distasonis, B. status, B. thetaiotaomicron, B. vulgaris), Fusobacterium spp. and some gram-positive anaerobes (sensitive strains of Eubacterium spp., Clostridium spp., Peptococcus niger, Peptostreptococcus spp., Mobiluncus spp.). To metronidazole aerobic microorganisms and facultative anaerobes are insensitive.
- Fluconazole has a highly specific fungicidal (antifungal) effect. Active in mycoses, incl. caused by candida spr. (including generalized forms of candidiasis on the background of immunosuppression), Cryptococcus neoformans and Coccidioides immitis, Microsporum spp., Blastoyces dermatitidis. When intravaginal use is particularly active against Candida albicans, to a lesser extent against Candida glabrata.
- bacterial vaginosis;
- bacterial (non-specific) vaginitis;
- vaginitis caused by mixed infection (trichomonas, gardenenella, yeast-like fungi, herpes simplex virus type 1 and 2, mycoplasma, ureaplasma) as part of complex therapy.
1 suppository contains interferon alpha-2b human recombinant at least 50,000 IU, metronidazole 150 mg, fluconazole 200 mg
No customer reviews for the moment.
Dosage and Administration
Intravaginally. On 1 suppositories in the evening (before going to bed), for 10 days.
Withlocal application no side effects have been identified. In some cases, possible allergic reactions and local reactions.
Side effects characteristic ofmetronidazole, because its systemic absorption is 56%: allergic reactions (rare), leukopenia, ataxia, mental changes (anxiety, mood lability), seizures, rarely: diarrhea, constipation, dizziness, headache, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, pain and cramps in the stomach, change in taste (rarely), dry mouth, "metallic" or unpleasant taste, increased fatigue.
- children's age up to 18 years (efficacy and safety of the drug is not installed);
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug Vagiferon (including to nitroimidazole derivatives).
It is not recommended to combine with non-depolarizing muscle relaxants (vecuronium bromide).
Perhaps combined use with antibiotic macrolide (josamycin) systemic action.
Pregnancy and Lactation
The drug is not used during pregnancy.
Metronidazole passes into breast milk. Breastfeeding during the period of taking the drug should be canceled. To resume breastfeeding should be no earlier than 48 hours after the end of the drug.
During the period of treatment with Vagiferon, it is recommended to refrain from sexual intercourse.
In the case of the drug in conjunction with metronidazole for oral administration, especially with repeated courses, control of the pattern of peripheral blood is necessary (danger of leukopenia).
During treatment, ethanol use is contraindicated (disulfiram-like reactions may develop: abdominal pain of a spastic nature, nausea, vomiting, headache, a sudden "flush" of blood to the face). Do not administer metronidazole to patients who have taken disulfiram during the past 2 weeks.
Influence on ability to drive motor transport and control mechanisms
The drug Vagiferon does not affect the ability to drive vehicles and engage in other potentially hazardous activities that require increased concentration and psychomotor reactions.
Cases of drug overdose were not detected. With an overdose of metronidazole, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, itching, "metallic" taste in the mouth, ataxia, dizziness, paresthesia, convulsions, leukopenia, dark urine staining are possible.
- Brand name: Vagiferon