Polydexa with phenylephrine
- done All payments are SSL encrypted
- done Full Refund if you haven't received your order
- done International shipping to the USA, UK and Europe
Polydex - A drug with antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and vasoconstrictor action for local use in ENT practice. When these antibiotics are combined, the spectrum of the antibacterial action is extended to the majority of gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms causing infectious and inflammatory diseases of the nasal cavity and sinuses.
Infectious and inflammatory diseases of the nasal cavity, pharynx, paranasal sinuses:
- acute and chronic rhinopharyngitis;
- acute and chronic rhinitis;
15 ml of spray contains:
Active substances: neomycin sulfate 1g, which corresponds to 650,000 ME; polymyxin B sulfate 1 000 000 ME; dexamethasone sodium metasulfobenzoate 0.025 g; phenylephrine hydrochloride 0.250 g;
Excipients: methylparaben, lithium chloride, citric acid, lithium hydroxide, macrogol 400, polysorbate 80, purified water q.s. up to 100 ml
No customer reviews for the moment.
Dosage and Administration
Adults: one spray into each nostril 3-5 times a day.
Children aged 2.5 to 15 years: one injection in each nostril 3 times a day.
The duration of treatment is 5-10 days.
Allergic reactions: rarely - skin manifestations.
- simultaneous use of monoamine oxidase inhibitors;
- suspicion of angle-closure glaucoma;
- viral diseases;
- kidney disease associated with albuminuria;
- breastfeeding period;
- children's age (up to 2, 5 years);
- hypersensitivity to the drug.
Drug interaction due to the content of phenylephrine. With simultaneous use of guanethidine and drugs of this group, the hypertensive effect of phenylephrine is enhanced and, due to a decrease in sympathetic tone with guanethidine, prolonged mydriasis is possible. If this combination cannot be avoided, then a doctor’s observation is necessary.
Pregnancy and Lactation
Polydex drug with phenylephrine is contraindicated for use during pregnancy and lactation (breastfeeding).
The drug is not prescribed to patients with renal insufficiency.
Do not use for washing the paranasal sinuses.
The drug is used with caution in patients with arterial hypertension, IHD, and hyperthyroidism.
It should be borne in mind that the drug contains components that can give a positive result during doping control in athletes.
Due to the low degree of absorption into the systemic circulation, overdose is unlikely.
- Brand name: Polydex with phenylephrine
- Active ingredient: Dexamethasone, Neomycin, Polymyxin B, Phenylephrine
- Dosage form: Nasal spray
- Manufacturer: Bouchard Laboratory
- Country of Origin: France