Meloxicam is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that is used to treat pain caused by rheumatism and arthritis. It reduces pain, swelling, and stiffness of the joints, but have a variety of side effects
- done All payments are SSL encrypted
- done Full Refund if you haven't received your order
- done International shipping to the USA, UK and Europe
Meloxicam - NSAIDs with anti-inflammatory, antipyretic and analgesic effects. It belongs to the class of oxycams, is a derivative of enolic acid.
The mechanism of action is associated with inhibition of the synthesis of prostaglandins as a result of selective inhibition of the enzymatic activity of cyclooxygenase of the second type (COX-2), which is involved in the biosynthesis of prostaglandins in the area of inflammation. When administered in high doses, long-term use and individual characteristics of the organism, selectivity for COX-2 decreases. To a lesser extent, it acts on cyclo-oxygenase of the first type (COX-1), which participates in the synthesis of prostaglandins that protect the gastrointestinal mucosa and are involved in the regulation of blood flow in the kidneys. Due to the indicated selectivity of suppression of COX-2 activity, the drug less frequently causes erosive-ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract.
Symptomatic treatment of inflammatory and degenerative diseases of the musculo-articular system, accompanied by pain, including:
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Ankylosing spondylitis (ankylosing spondylitis).
No customer reviews for the moment.
Dosage and Administration
Inside on 7.5-15 mg 1 time / day. The maximum daily dose is 15 mg.
Outwardly used 2 times / day. Apply a thin layer to clean, dry skin over the lesion and rub it gently for 2-3 minutes.
On the part of the digestive system: dyspepsia, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, constipation, intestinal colic, diarrhea, esophagitis, stomatitis; rarely - erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract.
From the side of the central nervous system: dizziness, headache, tinnitus.
Since the cardiovascular system: increased blood pressure, palpitations, swelling, hot flashes.
On the part of the urinary system: changes in laboratory parameters of renal function.
From the hemopoietic system: anemia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia.
Allergic reactions: bronchospasm, photosensitivity, pruritus, rash, urticaria.
Peptic ulcer and duodenal ulcer in the acute phase, pronounced abnormal liver function, renal failure (without hemodialysis), pregnancy, childhood and adolescence to 15 years, increased sensitivity to meloxicam and other NSAIDs (including salicylates).
With simultaneous use may reduce the effectiveness of antihypertensive drugs (beta-blockers, ACE inhibitors, vasodilators).
With simultaneous use with anticoagulants increases the risk of bleeding.
With simultaneous use with diuretics increases the risk of renal failure in patients in a state of dehydration.
With simultaneous use with NSAIDs increases the risk of ulceration of the gastrointestinal tract and gastrointestinal bleeding.
With simultaneous use with lithium preparations increases the concentration of lithium in the blood plasma.
With simultaneous use of Kolestiramin accelerates the elimination of meloxicam.
With simultaneous use with methotrexate may increase myelodepressive action; with cyclosporine - possibly increased nephrotoxic action of cyclosporine.
Pregnancy and Lactation
Contraindicated for use in pregnancy.
If necessary, use during lactation should decide on the termination of breastfeeding.
In experimental studies revealed no teratogenic effects of meloxicam.
With caution used in patients with gastrointestinal diseases in history.
Symptoms: impaired consciousness, nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, acute renal failure, liver failure, respiratory arrest, asystole.
Treatment: symptomatic therapy, gastric lavage, the appointment of Activated charcoal. Forced diuresis, alkalization of urine, hemodialysis are ineffective due to the high association of the drug with blood proteins. There is no specific antidote.
- Brand name: Genitron
- Active ingredient: Meloxicam
- Manufacturer: Belupo
- Baseline risk of gastrointestinal disorders among new users of meloxicam, ibuprofen, diclofenac, naproxen and indomethacin
- A randomized, double-blind clinical trial of two doses of meloxicam compared with naproxen in children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis: Short- and long-term efficacy and safety results
- Bioequivalence evaluation of two brands of meloxicam tablets (promotion® and mobicox®): pharmacokinetics in a healthy female Mexican population
- Flow-injection analysis for meloxicam based on tris(2,2′-bipyridine) ruthenium(II)–Ce(IV) chemiluminescent system
- Inhibitory effect of meloxicam, a selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor, and ciglitazone, a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma ligand, on the growth of human ovarian cancers
- Synergism between tramadol and meloxicam in the formalin test involves both opioidergic and serotonergic pathways
- The effects of a COX-2 inhibitor meloxicam on squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus in vivo
- Effect of inflammation on kidney function and pharmacokinetics of COX-2 selective nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs rofecoxib and meloxicam
- Synthesis of deuterium-labelled meloxicam and piroxicam
- A mass spectrometric study on meloxicam metabolism in horses and the fungus Cunninghamella elegans, and the relevance of this microbial system as a model of drug metabolism in the horse
- Coformer selection in pharmaceutical cocrystal development: A case study of a meloxicam aspirin cocrystal that exhibits enhanced solubility and pharmacokinetics
- Simultaneous determination of celecoxib, meloxicam, and rofecoxib using capillary electrophoresis with surfactant and application in drug formulations
- Synergistic interaction between meloxicam and aminoguanidine in formalin-induced nociception in mice
- In vitro release and in vivo absorption in beagle dogs of meloxicam from Eudragit® FS 30 D-coated pellets
- Investigation of microemulsion system for transdermal delivery of meloxicam
- Rheological behavior of gels and meloxicam release
- Formulation optimization of meloxicam sodium gel using response surface methodology
- Effects of penetration enhancers on in vitro permeability of meloxicam gels
- Density functional calculations on meloxicam–β-cyclodextrin inclusion complexes
- A novel transdermal patch incorporating meloxicam: In vitro and in vivo characterization
- Effective antiproliferative effect of meloxicam on prostate cancer cells: Development of a new controlled release system
- Effects of glycation on meloxicam binding to human serum albumin
- Flow-injection chemiluminescence determination of meloxicam by oxidation with N-bromosuccinimide
- Interaction of piroxicam and meloxicam with DMPG/DMPC mixed vesicles: Anomalous partitioning behavior