- done All payments are SSL encrypted
- done Full Refund if you haven't received your order
- done International shipping to the USA, UK and Europe
The drug belongs to antimicrobial and antiprotozoal agents. Possesses bacteriostatic action in relation to microbes. The mechanism of action is to disrupt the activity of certain enzyme systems of bacteria. Spectrum of action: gram-positive cocci (Streptococcus, Staphylococcus), gram-negative rods (Escherichia, Salmonella, Shigella, Proteus, Klebsiella, Enterobacter), protozoa (Lamblia). Of the causative agents of intestinal infections, the causative agents of dysentery, typhoid and paratyphoid are most sensitive. Resilience develops slowly.
- food toxicoinfection;
No customer reviews for the moment.
Dosage and Administration
Orally, after eating, washing it down with plenty of liquid.
For dysentery, paratyphoid fever, foodborne toxicoinfections prescribed for adults 100-150 mg 4 times a day, after meals, for 5-10 days. Doses for children are reduced according to age.
The duration of treatment depends on the nature and severity of the infection. You can prescribe the drug in the same doses in cycles of 3-6 days with an interval of 3-4 days. It is not recommended to take the drug for more than 10 days.
When Trichomonas urethra is taken orally 100 mg 4 times a day for 3 days.
With giardiasis, adults are prescribed 100 mg 4 times a day. Children at the rate of 10 mg / kg per day in 3-4 doses.
Maximum doses for adults: single - 200 mg, daily - 800 mg.
Possible: nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, allergic reactions in the form of skin rash.
- pregnancy and lactation;
- terminal stage of chronic renal failure;
- deficiency of glucose-6-dehydrogenase;
- children's age up to 1 year;
- increased individual sensitivity to the group of nitrofurans.
Furazolidone in combination with ethanol can lead to the development of disulfiram-like reactions, therefore, their simultaneous reception is not recommended.
Antidepressants, monoamine oxidase inhibitors, ephedrine, amphetamine, phenylephedrine, tyramine can cause a sharp increase in blood pressure.
Means, alkalizing urine, reduce the effect (accelerate the excretion of urine), acidifying - increase. Aminoglycosides and tetracycline enhance antimicrobial properties.
Increases blood depression against chloramphenicol and ristomycin.
Pregnancy and Lactation
During pregnancy, during lactation, taking the drug is contraindicated.
Increases sensitivity to the action of ethanol.
Drugs alkalinizing urine reduce the effect, and acidifying drugs increase it.
Aminoglycosides and tetracycline enhance antimicrobial properties.
During treatment, precautions should be observed, as well as when using monoamine oxidase inhibitors, namely: exclusion from the diet of products containing tyramine: cheese, cream, beans, pickled herring, strong coffee.
For the prevention of neuritis with prolonged use must be combined with vitamins of group B.
Symptoms: acute toxic hepatitis, hematotoxicity, neurotoxicity (polyneuritis).
Treatment: cancellation of drugs, taking large amounts of fluids, symptomatic therapy, antihistamine drugs, vitamins of group B.
- Brand name: Furazolidone
- Active ingredient: Furazolidone
- Dosage form: pills of yellow or greenish-yellow color, flat-cylindrical with a chamfer.
- Manufacturer: Anzhero-Sudzhensky HFZ
- Country of Origin: Russia
- Multi-technique approach for qualitative and quantitative characterization of furazidin degradation kinetics under alkaline conditions
- Method specific for determination of furazolidone in urine: Evidence for drug-related metabolites
- Quantitative determination of furazolidone and nifuroxime in a water-soluble suppository base
- Separation and quantitative assay of furazolidone and nifuroxime in suppositories by magnesium silicate adsorption column chromatography
- Metabolites of furazolidone in urine of chickens
- Kinetic Determination of Furazolidone and Furaltadone Based on Alkaline Hydrolysis Reaction
- Investigations on adsorption potentiometry: Part VI. Derivative adsorption chronopotentiometry of furazolidone
- Abilities of differentiation and partial least squares methods in the analysis by differential pulse polarography Simultaneous determination of furazolidone and furaltadone
- Furazolidone treatment of cutaneous leishmaniasis
- Sensitivity in vitro of Giardia intestinalis to dyadic combinations of azithromycin, doxycycline, mefloquine, tinidazole and furazolidone
- Induction of metronidazole and furazolidone resistance in Giardia
- Production and characterisation of polyclonal antibodies to a derivative of 3-amino-2-oxazolidinone, a metabolite of the nitrofuran furazolidone
- Multi-residue monitoring for the simultaneous determination of five nitrofurans (furazolidone, furaltadone, nitrofurazone, nitrofurantoine, nifursol) in poultry muscle tissue through the detection of their five major metabolites (AOZ, AMOZ, SEM, AHD, DNSAH) by liquid chromatography coupled to electrospray tandem mass spectrometry—In-house validation in line with Commission Decision 657/2002/EC
- Electrochemistry of the interaction of furazolidone and bovine serum albumin
- Design and efficient synthesis of novel haptens and complete antigens for the AOZ, a toxic metabolite of furazolidone
- Antigens synthesis and antibodies preparation for furazolidone and its metabolite 3-amino-2-oxazolidinone
- The effect of metal ions on the electrochemistry of the furazolidone
- Voltammetric studies on nitro radical anion formation from furazolidone and kinetic of the coupled chemical reaction
- High-performance liquid chromatographic analysis of furazolidone in liver and kidney
- Determination of furazolidone in swine plasma using liquid chromatography
- Determination of furazolidone in swine plasma, muscle, liver, kidney, fat and urine based on high-performance liquid chromatographic separation after solid-phase extraction on Extrelut® 1
- Determination of furazolidone in animal feeds using liquid chromatography with UV and thermospray mass spectrometric detection
- Emergence of furazolidone and cotrimoxazole resistant Vibrio cholerae 01 in Eastern India
- Effects of furazolidone, PCB77, PCB126, Aroclor 1248, paraquat and p,p′-DDE on transketolase activity in embryonal chicken brain
- High-performance liquid chromatographic determination of furazolidone in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) tissue